Joelinton

Stifler

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That’s fair enough - fwiw, I was never one that said send him out on loan. I personally felt howes training methods must be way better than most so I liked the idea of him being part of that for the season. You’re right though - it is early days. 

Yeah I was against sending him out on loan as well, just from what I saw in pre-season where he looked a real threat, quite similar to what he was doing yesterday. He's a huge talent, just needs to be honed a bit more for games against the best sides where winning the ball back isn't easy.

• 3 weeks later...

At his best I would put Joelinton up there with almost any box-to-box midfielder in the league. He is physically off the charts, he's gigantic, he's strong, fearless, has learned to finish, genuinely seems to love competing against the best. Every elite side needs a player like him, he does the work of two players and allows the forward players to have so much more space and time. I think he's worth twice what we paid for him, which is an incredible tribute to his persistence and to Howe's (and staff) coaching.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He’s worth more than 40m imo. 

Absolutely, and has been for a while now.

If someone comes in with a £40 million bid it gets laughed off.

Probably have to start with a bid of £60 million just to start any kind of conversation!

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Absolutely, and has been for a while now.

If someone comes in with a £40 million bid it gets laughed off.

Probably have to start with a bid of £60 million just to start any kind of conversation!

I wouldnt even have an conversation at all. Keep Joe at all costs and put a "Hands Off" on him.

Very rare midfielder to find like him. 

1 minute ago, Killuminati said:

I wouldnt even have an conversation at all. Keep Joe at all costs and put a "Hands Off" on him.

Very rare midfielder to find like him. 

Absolutely! I said a few weeks ago that I thought he was one in our squad that was untouchable, as he really sets the tone for this current team.

Apart from his goal he was a bit uncontrolled in the first half until towards the end. Must have had a good chat with the coaching staff because his second half was utter class.