Joelinton

Stifler

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Apart from his goal he was a bit uncontrolled in the first half until towards the end. Must have had a good chat with the coaching staff because his second half was utter class. 

He was sloppy first half imo, misplaced passes/touches etc. Fuck knows what they gave him at half time :lol:

Took a nasty boot in the face like it was nowt while on the deck after scoring the 5th goal. Think it was Coufal who caught him. Antony or shit Bruno would have needed a week in hospital after that. Warrior.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

The two Brazilians were immense tonight, I feel. Apart from scoring the two goals, Beeg Jow made some critical interceptions in the middle of the park. Bruno did what we all hoped to see with him on the pitch with some intelligent runners around him - play proper Hollywood balls that result in goals. West Ham totally asleep at the back for all our second-half goals, mind. :lol:

There's a part of me that thinks the absolute best thing about our revival this year is the redemption of this lad with fucking Steve Bruce out of the picture. After the absolute shit show he walked into, amazing to see him scoring two and having a massive smile on his face in the post match interview.

I think I'm in the minority.  But I actually thought until the last 5 minutes of the first half, goal aside, he was really sloppy and wasteful.  Something then clicked and he went into overdrive.  Started ragdolling players, winning the ball back, driving forward, give and goes.  Standard stuff from him, really. 

Second half, he was his usual self and back to being a T-1000.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

His second goal was underrated really really good

Defenders around him, on his weak foot and probably knackered after his first 90 mins for ages

He was breathing VERY fucking heavily. Thought he was gonna just have a snooze on the pitch at the end of the game.

Joelinton and Bruno should always be paired up, and Willock as the outlet, I get Longstaff is a grafter, but Joelinton in the middle makes us so much stronger.

It seems like he can play every midfield position, but CM and interchange with Bruno dropping deeper to compliment each other, just works.

Edited by mighty__mag

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Joelinton and Bruno should always be paired up, and Willock as the outlet, I get Longstaff is a grafter, but Joelinton in the middle makes us so much stronger.

Yeah, in the previous games when ASM was injured, Joelinton played as the left winger and Willock played in midfield, as was the case in the 1st half today. But in the second half they switched, J7 was in midfield and Willock was the winger. That turned out much better.