Joelinton

Stifler

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Wonder if we rest him next week so he doesn't miss the final

I thought 10 yellows in premier League games before the 32nd game it led to a 2 match ban but this type of suspension (i.e an accumulation of yellows) did not apply to cup games

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Absloute beast once again in midfield.

Not just a beast, actually shows decent composure to bring the ball out of a minefield in the middle and release teammates which is crucial.

Shame he got booked. Took one for the team and he needed to. As we lost it and they were getting away on a counter. Which I guess was why he was so annoyed.

But a yellow in the 93rd or whatever it was and one for diving last week. Proper sickener that they both feel so avoidable. He’ll probably miss City…… and Wolves. Might play within himself a bit now and all. 

One of the few decent players tonight. 3-4 times it seemed like he was blindsided and wasn’t expecting a challenge. Then the Bournemouth player just bounced off him and hit the deck :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

We all did similar. Great bit of play. 

Should correct myself, he shrugged off 2 Bournemouth players before he sent ASM through. :lol:

39:39 of the first half if anyone wants to re-watch it as it wasn't in the extended highlights.

He's the most likable Newcastle footballer I've ever known. 

Would love to know what other clubs' fans think of him tbh, or is it just us that lives in a deluded world where only we think he's the second coming of Viera? :lol:

I still can't quite fathom how good he is.

It's like the U9s have invited an U11 to play and their just bouncing off him. He's just so much bigger, quicker and physical than most (all) other midfielders.

It's like the way people talk about Haaland bullying defenders, Joelinton bully's midfielders. If he had just a bit more killer instincts around the opposition box he'd be absolutely unstoppable but I'm more than happy the way he is.

Really hope he is ok for Wembley. I can't shake my worry for him. Having Bruno back isn't enough without this guy. The keeper situation is obviously a worry but we atleast have cover there. We simply have no one that can replace what the beast here does for the team.

Edited by nufcjb

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Really hope he is ok for Wembley. I can't shake my worry for him. Having Bruno back isn't enough without this guy. The keeper situation is obviously a worry but we atleast have cover there. We simply have no one that can replace what the beast here does for the team.

He seemed to be smiling and saying he wanted to carry on. So I’m guessing it isn’t serious. 

Since his move to midfield. He has always been playing through some kind of injury and regularly getting treatment, it seems. I don’t think he is like ASM or Wilson. Where a slight strain seems to turn into weeks/months out.

Just got to hope it is a bit of tightness and nothing more.