Joelinton

Stifler

He is, unfortunately, up there with our worst ever players, at least in my lifetime of watching us. The fee paid is barely even a significant factor at this point, he's just been dreadful overall since signing.

Remember that video of Bruce meeting him for the first time? Steve obviously had no prior knowledge of what Joe looked like and could only say something to the tune of, "You're a bloody big bugger, aren't you?"

I can't understand how it hasn't worked out for the lad.

I still can’t get my head around his transfer fee. He’s about as lethargic as the rest of the team (Almiron aside) now and going through the motions.

Can really say it about almost all of Bruce’s signings.. they’ve looked ok in the first game and then once the coaching sets in, it’s a sharp decline.

Remember that video of Bruce meeting him for the first time? Steve obviously had no prior knowledge of what Joe looked like and could only say something to the tune of, "You're a bloody big bugger, aren't you?"

I can't understand how it hasn't worked out for the lad.

Never seen this like?  :lol:

Been thinking for a while now that something stinks with this transfer. Club wanted him when Rafa was here, and he rightly told him get to f*** - he's s****, then sign him 12months later for a record fee.

Get the £40M figure was happily publicised by the club to appease fans saying we don't spend, and is likely clause related, but still - it's going to surely be upward to £30M, even being paid over a couple of years. Looked on a Hoffenheim forum through translate the other week, and they seemed to think he couldn't score, and he was a limited, functional player. That was when Nagalsmen was there I think - so he was likely instructed on every facet of his game, and knew where to run at every given time, and knew he had to run, run, and run. Now he's allowed to be a plodder  :fool:

Anyone more in the know - who's actually running any sort of recruitment at the club?

He's been almost not shite playing off Wilson for a couple of games. What the fuck does Bruce think playing him as a winger in a flat 442 I'll never know. He's got literally no attributes for that role :lol:

Makes sure Almiron is even more wasted than normal too.

There were 9/10 shit players today, Joelinton seems to be getting 90% of the criticism :lol:

Possibly because he’s been utter dogshit since he joined and even those who gave him minutiae of a chance are sick of him lumbering about doing fuck all and wasting a shirt.

He's been almost not s**** playing off Wilson for a couple of games. What the f*** does Bruce think playing him as a winger in a flat 442 I'll never know. He's got literally no attributes for that role :lol:

Makes sure Almiron is even more wasted than normal too.

There were 9/10 s*** players today, Joelinton seems to be getting 90% of the criticism :lol:

Possibly because he’s been utter dogshit since he joined and even those who gave him minutiae of a chance are sick of him lumbering about doing f*** all and wasting a shirt.

Yep I wanted him to do well. Made excuses for his poor form but it’s clear to see now that he’ll never be a good player, not in this league. He doesn’t have the pace or the mentality to worry any team.

What offends me the most with him is that I see him walking so often.

I get that you don't need to sprint around for 90mins, but say opposition is playing into a LB from a CB, I always see him on the far side strolling in to 'close down/mark/close passing lane' of a midfielder, almost instantly the ball is then played into that midfielder - Joe sprints at him, and gets passed around... 

Haven't spotted it last few games, but over last season and a bit watching him I've noticed more than a few times he gets knocked onto the floor, and just slowly gets up, a kneels on one knee for a second or so before just loafing back into position - I don't think he's lazy personality wise, but it's obvious his hearts not in it whatsoever. Fans watching, that comes across as being a lazy useless b******, and that's fair.

He sums up what's wrong with this team, and a living embodiment of Newcastle United. No talent, and no energy.

Lad is totally gutless. The c*** doesn't even get booked, or lash out when he gets fouled, shows no passion or desire whatsoever. Doesn't even try and win fouls when holding up the ball - ffs, that'd actually relieve the total barrage and defensive encampment! 

Always hated Jonas in Pardew days. Never scored, never assisted, never really created anything. Right footed, played on the left, pass inside merchant. What I ended up seeing is that he locked down a side, stopped a team playing through that left side. He got the ball, won a foul, or passed it to someone more talented.

What offends me the most with him is that I see him walking so often.

I get that you don't need to sprint around for 90mins, but say opposition is playing into a LB from a CB, I always see him on the far side strolling in to 'close down/mark/close passing lane' of a midfielder, almost instantly the ball is then played into that midfielder - Joe sprints at him, and gets passed around... 

Haven't spotted it last few games, but over last season and a bit watching him I've noticed more than a few times he gets knocked onto the floor, and just slowly gets up, a kneels on one knee for a second or so before just loafing back into position - I don't think he's lazy personality wise, but it's obvious his hearts not in it whatsoever. Fans watching, that comes across as being a lazy useless b******, and that's fair.

He sums up what's wrong with this team, and a living embodiment of Newcastle United. No talent, and no energy.

Lad is totally gutless. The c*** doesn't even get booked, or lash out when he gets fouled, shows no passion or desire whatsoever. Doesn't even try and win fouls when holding up the ball - ffs, that'd actually relieve the total barrage and defensive encampment! 

Always hated Jonas in Pardew days. Never scored, never assisted, never really created anything. Right footed, played on the left, pass inside merchant. What I ended up seeing is that he locked down a side, stopped a team playing through that left side. He got the ball, won a foul, or passed it to someone more talented.

Two things about Jonas:

He always gave 100%. He looked good when Keegan had us playing the ball in front of him at Old Trafford.

There were 9/10 shit players today, Joelinton seems to be getting 90% of the criticism :lol:

Probably something to do with the fact it took him until the 39th minute to get his first touch of the ball (he lost it straight away). He doesn't even try to get involved. Playing him out wide is perfect for him because he can just stand on the touchline and keep out of the way which is what he enjoys doing most. Heads would be rolling at a properly run football club for sanctioning that signing.

Probably something to do with the fact it took him until the 39th minute to get his first touch of the ball (he lost it straight away). He doesn't even try to get involved. Playing him out wide is perfect for him because he can just stand on the touchline and keep out of the way which is what he enjoys doing most. Heads would be rolling at a properly run football club for sanctioning that signing.

It didn't take him until the 39th minute to get his first touch

There were 9/10 s*** players today, Joelinton seems to be getting 90% of the criticism :lol:

It didn't take him until the 39th minute to get his first touch

Fuck me you love tripping folk up, give over man . Sad sack

I can't help but look at him and his body language and feel sorry for him, despite the fact it's truly shocking that he's playing football for us in the Premier League.

I would have said he doesn't seem to have any heart in his game, but tbf to him he stuck at it despite being massively and rightly under intense scrutiny from very early on - so that displays some sort of will and determination. It can't have been easy to step onto the pitch at times last season knowing how bad he had been previously whilst also being aware of the growing pressure from the supporters.

Unfortunately that's about all I can praise him for as a footballer. I'd like to say under different circumstances he would be better, but tbh I don't really know what type of player he is. Can anyone think of a player who reminds you of Joelinton? I was having a think but couldn't come up with much, there's strikers like Rudy Gestede and Andreas Cornelius who are somewhat comparable in that they're big, shite, supposed to score goals but never do... however I can't think of a player like him who operates from the left or right, with his stature and lack of technique... He's like when Pardew played Cisse on the wing.