Joelinton

Stifler

Mentally hasn’t got it. He’s next to bone idle. So many times he’ll drop back into whatever pressing position he’ll be in, and just be walking. Look at other sides forward players their like chained dogs waiting to run and press people, he’s just in another world half the time.

At least once a game he’ll crash to the floor, and slowly get himself up not before momentarily kneeling to catch his breath.

So many of the players in the squad mentally haven’t got it, don’t seem hungry enough and have any bollocks about them. Either bordering on unfit and lazy like Joe, Shelvey and Hendrick or wimpish pussies like Murphy, Krath and Lewis.

Pretty much a reflection of the ‘philosophy’ and ‘energy’ Bruce’s regime has cast across the club. Just wouldn’t be accepted with Rafa, and you can see mentally and physically other sides in the league are regularly at it. Comes down to the who’s in charge end of the day.

I hate to write this but this lad, and not his fault, is probably the reason Ashley chose to not keep Rafa.

So again, hate to say it but I’ll probably never change my opinion on him unless Rafa somehow comes back.

I hate to write this but this lad, and not his fault, is probably the reason Ashley chose to not keep Rafa.

So again, hate to say it but I’ll probably never change my opinion on him unless Rafa somehow comes back.

You don’t need any type of quality manager to tell you how to kick a ball properly. I firmly believe that Joelington coming was the last straw for Rafa who publicly came out and said he was worth nowhere near the money involved. The bloke is absolute garbage.

If he could actually kick a football with more power than a five year old, he wouldn't be as bad. Still shit, but not entirely hopeless.

His movement and strength is sometimes okay, he does find himself in decent positions as well on occasion. I mean, that's fairly standard for your average five a side player, but we are where we are :lol:

You don’t need any type of quality manager to tell you how to kick a ball properly. I firmly believe that Joelington coming was the last straw for Rafa who publicly came out and said he was worth nowhere near the money involved. The bloke is absolute garbage.

Just seemed like MA chose Joelinton over Rafa, more or less.

Think it’s more of a case Rafa didn’t want Joelington and thought enough is enough when forced on him

To be honest I think he gets a hard time, there are shitter players in the team.

He cost £40m, it's understandable he gets a hard time. But you are absolutely right, there are shitter players in the team, that's one of the reasons he keeps starting. Carroll barely looks like a footballer any more, and you can't tell Gayle is on the pitch when he plays. I suppose you could make an argument that Gayle needs to start a few more, but can remember him doing the same when Rafa was here.

I have a mate whose wife speaks Portuguese and has got to know Joelinton and his wife a bit. Apparently getting settled here has been tough and they haven’t felt well supported by the club there. Hardly surprising really.

I can remember watching the Spurs documentary and they had a guy who spoke so many languages and his job was helping players and their families settle in. I bet we haven’t got anything like that or if we do it’ll be a knock off version.

I have a mate whose wife speaks Portuguese and has got to know Joelinton and his wife a bit. Apparently getting settled here has been tough and they haven’t felt well supported by the club there. Hardly surprising really.

His £80,000 per week should take the edge off a bit, you'd think.

Not as easy as that. He was on his own for quite a while. Lockdown for most of it too. You can have all the money in the world but failing to adjust can have an adverse effect on performances in a game of such marginal gains.

Mind, its not an excuse as to why he's absolutely shit like. Just more evidence of the club being ran at the bare minimum.

Not as easy as that. He was on his own for quite a while. Lockdown for most of it too. You can have all the money in the world but failing to adjust can have an adverse effect on performances in a game of such marginal gains.

Mind, its not an excuse as to why he's absolutely s*** like. Just more evidence of the club being ran at the bare minimum.

No he hasn’t, he’s got his lady living with him and a whole troop of pals hanging around his gaff. As per his Instagram..

He knows he’s not gonna succeed in this league, he doesn’t have the pace for it, or the mentality to use his strength to really give defenders a hard time. Sure he can do the odd nice touch on the ball but he’s a fucking Brazilian..

He’s earning more here than he ever did before, I reckon he’s just going through the motions and doing what I would do in that situation which is fuck about and have fun. He knows he’ll get another gig in Germany when this fiasco is done with

Mind, its not an excuse as to why he's absolutely s*** like. Just more evidence of the club being ran at the bare minimum.

No he hasn’t, he’s got his lady living with him and a whole troop of pals hanging around his gaff. As per his Instagram..

He knows he’s not gonna succeed in this league, he doesn’t have the pace for it, or the mentality to use his strength to really give defenders a hard time. Sure he can do the odd nice touch on the ball but he’s a fucking Brazilian..

He’s earning more here than he ever did before, I reckon he’s just going through the motions and doing what I would do in that situation which is fuck about and have fun. He knows he’ll get another gig in Germany when this fiasco is done with

Spot on.

Him sticking himself getting a haircut on his Instagram in a lockdown would give my the impression the lad is a bit dense as well...

Gave up Instagram so don’t see what he gets up to, but can imagine it’s taking some adjustment moving to the country but end of the day he’s a professional at his job, and has made the decision to move to further his career. It’s exactly what he signed up for, at some point he would have to just man up and adjust or fall by the wayside.

The 40M and salary does come into it, he’s at the elite end of a highly competitive industry - his mental fortitude and ability to have his s*** in order off field affects job performance. His mental side of the game is what we should have been scouting as well, and we as a club should have set ups to help players transition, but He’s been here 18 months, and would have moved country from Brazil to Germany, then Germany to Austria when he was out on loan.

Think it’s more of a case Rafa didn’t want Joelington and thought enough is enough when forced on him

It wasn't even that - Rafa just thought you were a mentalist for paying for 40m for him.  He was happy to buy him for cheaper if they could and spend the difference elsewhere.

It wasn't even that - Rafa just thought you were a mentalist for paying for 40m for him.  He was happy to buy him for cheaper if they could and spend the difference elsewhere.

If you’re happy to sign a player you don’t come out and say he’s not worth it to the media

However I do think he’s not fit enough either. That’s definitely a factor. He’s never going to be a great footballer but I don’t think we’re seeing the best “Joelinton” that he can be.

Rafa would sort him out, all the extra training, he’d shed a few pounds and gain an extra step, we’re not talking massive gains here but something noticeable at least

If you’re happy to sign a player you don’t come out and say he’s not worth it to the media

He was the ex-Newcastle manager at that point. 

It is also quite common for managers and clubs to want to sign a player, but publicly state they did not want to pay the price. 

However I do think he’s not fit enough either. That’s definitely a factor. He’s never going to be a great footballer but I don’t think we’re seeing the best “Joelinton” that he can be.

Rafa would sort him out, all the extra training, he’d shed a few pounds and gain an extra step, we’re not talking massive gains here but something noticeable at least

Being fit is no excuse for not being able to kick a football properly. Honestly amazes me the amount of excuses that are put forward for this utter donkey.

He was the ex-Newcastle manager at that point. 

It is also quite common for managers and clubs to want to sign a player, but publicly state they did not want to pay the price.

Sorry bollocks

Being fit is no excuse for not being able to kick a football properly. Honestly amazes me the amount of excuses are put forward for this utter donkey.

Oh I quite agree with you, I’m done with offering excuses for him but the fact is we’re stuck with him for the foreseeable. We should try and get the best from him until he can eventually be peddled for an “undisclosed fee”

Being fit is no excuse for not being able to kick a football properly. Honestly amazes me the amount of excuses that are put forward for this utter donkey.

He seems have a bizarre cult following on twitter! Arguing bizarre points over 90 minutes such as ‘he held the ball up well’ to justify another pathetic display!

I’m looking forward to the full details of this £40m fee coming out one day as is makes absolutely zero sense looking at his stats at previous clubs!

It smells extremely dodgy!