Joelinton

Stifler

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Wahey, in a sense what I said still holds true :lol:

I will hold my hand up: Joelinton looks every bit the 40m Brazilian midfield enforcer any good team needs. On current form I could even see him stick around much longer than many of our other players. Fantastic turnaround of fortunes, and the lad deserves all the credit because he never stopped grafting :clap2:

👍🏻 Captain material? 😎

On 19/02/2022 at 23:58, Cronky said:

Well done, Dr Jinx. I pointed out more than once that the only time I saw him play at Hoffenheim, he was in central midfield with two strikers ahead of him, but no, I never advocated trying him there. Partly because he didn't look that great in that position in that Hoffenheim game, and partly because it didn't look to me that he would have the mobility to survive in midfield in the Premiership.

I'm still a bit mystified how he does it, to be honest. Occasionally, that lumbering footwork lands him in difficulty, but then he'll use his strength and good reading of situations to really open things up for us. 

Always shown a good attitude though. Never hid or complained, and now he's getting his reward.

I kind of remember a few times where he came a bit deeper and seemed to be able to hold onto the ball and pass it which at the time none of our midfielders were capable of doing, it seemed logical to stick him in there as he wasn’t scoring goals up front.

It was the game earlier in season when he played that ball to Wilson outside of his boot, then he just looked absolutely natural there.. yet it was still a few games later, maybe the one where Clark got sent off that the penny dropped for the new coaching setup.

You also have to factor in confidence levels, since he came here he’s had zero.. badly coached and like the rest of the squad, off the pace fitness wise.

All changed thankfully.

On the flip side I’d wager if stuck up top again, he’d do a far better job than he did the first time. He’s a totally different animal now. Absolutely one of my favourite ever players for us. Love his attitude.

On 01/03/2022 at 20:30, Astroblack said:

Mentioned in an underrated 11 on The Don Robbie channel at 24:30. ASM also mentioned in the forward line. Some bozo tries to say Oliver Skipp is better. No chance. 

Oliver Skipp? :lol: Love it when players are rated purely because of the club they play for. Absolute nothing player.

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Oliver Skipp? :lol: Love it when players are rated purely because of the club they play for. Absolute nothing player.

They did a poll on DR Sports today Joelinton vs Oliver Skipp. Went 84% to Joelinton, 16 to Skipp. So the people know. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

How was this beast today for anyone who watched the full 90 minutes?

By his standards of late. Fairly quiet. Yet he still played centre mid, 10, left back and right wing. 

What. A. Man. 

15 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Not his best for us but I think that’s down to his recent games being out of this world.

Aye, everyone bar Fraser, Wood and Burn (who should have scored) were down a notch from recent games. Krafth up a notch. 

I can remember Two year ago  against Brighton Joelinton was  bullied by Brighton's towering defenders,

But he is now streetwise and ready for a battle with anyone who gets in his way.

well done joe. its taken a while for him to get used to the  physicality of the premier league.

But he is up for the fight now.