Joelinton

Stifler

1 minute ago, M1tche said:

Always hoped he'd turn it round and come good and am so glad he has. Especially in 1 of my favourite roles in a team, the way he plays is like an old school CM and I love it!!

I think hell push on another level after a preseason being coached to play in CM.  The other thing I love about him is he doesnt seem to get injured.  According to transfermarkt he's missed 4 games through injuries in 3 seasons.  2 of those were for that mental cut he got.

56 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Think there were a few times he was on a booking and came close. Don't think he's the type to do the sending off type of foul, far too canny and doesn't really need to resort to that anyway. Can be cynical and nasty, like yesterday, but never reckless.

I thought be might get one for dissent at times like he lost his rag with the ref and opposition a few times cos of his passion.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I’m convinced he’s going to take another step forward as this destroyer of a box to box and he’s going to get more goals too. 

It’s not in doubt, he’s going to be amazing this season 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I’m convinced he’s going to take another step forward as this destroyer of a box to box and he’s going to get more goals too. 

Yeah, one of my big hopes for the season is that he adds more threat to his game going forward. He'd basically be the complete midfielder if he continued what he's doing but added another 6 or 7 goals to his tally. 

18 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think hell push on another level after a preseason being coached to play in CM.  The other thing I love about him is he doesnt seem to get injured.  According to transfermarkt he's missed 4 games through injuries in 3 seasons.  2 of those were for that mental cut he got.

Im thinking the same, especailly with Bruno being next to him as well. With him knowing the role better, confidence being high and that partnership we'll definitely see a few more levels from him

50 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I thought be might get one for dissent at times like he lost his rag with the ref and opposition a few times cos of his passion.

I do remember one game where he was definitely taken off to avoid a second yellow. I think we can manage that, especially with 5 subs now.

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

Either him and Burn have been lucky so far or they're seen as likable by the referees and given the rub of the green when decisions are made. Some players aren't...

Interesting point by Stan above. I wonder if an unintended consequence of more subs is a more crunching physical game.

On 16/07/2022 at 14:01, 80 said:

Either him and Burn have been lucky so far or they're seen as likable by the referees and given the rub of the green when decisions are made. Some players aren't...

Interesting point by Stan above. I wonder if an unintended consequence of more subs is a more crunching physical game.

Definitely an interesting point. Shame we don’t have anywhere near his quality on the bench; this 5 subs rule really will just widen the gap (again) between the top and bottom.

46 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Watched that before, love the subtle shade he throws at Bruceball. Also, here's where he talks about Howe:

He honestly comes off as a genuine, humble guy. It's amazing to see the transformation and him enjoy his football in the Toon. He'll be a decorated legend when he's done with us. :) 

Maybe it's what they nicknamed the team bus? Help them navigate those questions with a clear conscious.

"Without Steve I wouldn't be here"

"Steve really carries the team"

"Steve's got lush wheels"

Shit like that.