Joelinton

Stifler

I'm still trying to find out if any punishment would ha e been different had it been a straight red for violent conduct. I'm sure it used to be.

57 minutes ago, gbandit said:

To be honest, giving a red for a friendly is off and the Ref was a little bitch last night. However, that challenge was deserving of a red card and I don’t have an issue with him missing a friendly because of it

Spot on this.

I thought him and Bruno were pretty  clumsy last night. Hopefully it was just an off day, really no excuse for that sort of recklessness in a friendly.

Giving a red in a friendly is so weirdly unproductive unless it was serious shit and purely intentional. Joe went in hard and late and he should’ve had a huge talking from the Ref and they should have continued play. It’s so stupid. “Oh let’s now make him serve a suspension” in a friendly game where both squads pay for this match to happen. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

So would he miss games if he gets sent off for taking his shirt off after scoring the winner in the World Cup final?

Yes probably the next World Cup game/qualifier 

Edited by gdm

Has anyone ever been sent off in the Community Shield? That’s a glorified friendly. What about International friendlies? 

Just now, gdm said:

Has anyone ever been sent off in the Community Shield? That’s a glorified friendly. What about International friendlies? 

Keegan & Bremner famously from the 74 Charity Shield.

Every time I watch him I’m still waiting for the mask to slip and him to go back to being shit but it just doesn’t happen. He’s brilliant and every bit a £40m midfielder.

Edited by Smal

He protects the defence , drives the ball forward and his passing and crossing have moved up another level. Joe must be one of Eddie's biggest achievements so far, turned a below average player into a world beater.

Edited by pubteam

That run in the first half past two players would have been beautiful goal if he scored it.

Overall thought he was a beast in the middle. Always fighting for it, breaking things up and keeping possession going. His transformation is still incredible to think about.

Edited by hakka

How I wish he didn't scuff that shot wide after his run through. Would've been proof that he can do it all. 

He is, in alot of ways the walking embodiment of how this club has changed in the last calendar year.

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Quite ironic that we signed him as a striker and gave him the number 9, because this guy can do everything except score and assist :lol:

He got an assist today ...