Joelinton

Stifler

Surely he has to be making a Brazil squad? If Fred and Douglas Luiz can then surely Joelinton can?

I honestly think given the talent they have, a Joelinton would be perfect foil for them.

Just now, samptime29 said:

He is so strong. His shielding of the ball is class. 

He uses his arse beautifully. It's like having a brick wall between you and the ball. They try and go around then he just goes the other way. He's lush.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Surely he has to be making a Brazil squad? If Fred and Douglas Luiz can then surely Joelinton can?

I honestly think given the talent they have, a Joelinton would be perfect foil for them.

@Flip

They are watching Bruno, would expect someone to notice at some point that the other Brazilian is pretty amazing too. :lol:

He let one of their players cut inside from the right, which led to Schar needing to put in a block on Lingard, and I was genuinely amazed it had happened.  It was so lazy from Big Joe compared to his new normal.  Shows just how far he has come.  

Utterly dominant otherwise.  Was a proper physical mismatch against those Forest midfielders. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

His turnaround and transformation is really not talked about enough. He’s genuinely brilliant, what an incredible job him and Howe have done.

Tbf we have to give some credit to our head cscout Nickson. Would you sell him for £40m now?

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Tbf we have to give some credit to our head cscout Nickson. Would you sell him for £40m now?

Didn’t scout him as a midfielder though did he ? Certainly not in the role he plays for us. I wouldn’t sell him he’s too important but that would be around the asking price.

49 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

He let one of their players cut inside from the right, which led to Schar needing to put in a block on Lingard, and I was genuinely amazed it had happened.  It was so lazy from Big Joe compared to his new normal.  Shows just how far he has come.  

Utterly dominant otherwise.  Was a proper physical mismatch against those Forest midfielders. 

I'm dont think you can say he "let him". The ball was turned over quickly because ASM gave it away about 5 seconds before and Joelinton was out of position, still tried to win the ball back but just couldn't get his foot to it.

Like you say it's incredible how obvious it is when someone now does manage to get past him because it's such a rarity. 

He's worth probably just over the £40m we paid now in this current market as a box to box destroyer. But his value to us is far more than that. 

He gets mentioned by opposing fans so much more often now, he's becoming so commanding now. Watching that surging run into the box yesterday, I do wonder if he practises his shooting enough, he had the time to comfortably bury that and he snatched at it

42 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I don't know how to describe his style of play. He isn't just a hard nut DM, more like a box to box brute who can play as well :lol: his energy levels are insane.

He plays like nobody mentioned it was 11-a-side and he's still in 5-a-side mode.