Joelinton

Stifler

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure he gets straight back in TBH. 

No chance he would keep Longstaff in instead of Joe. If he really wants to put out his best eleven each week he has to be ruthless.

longs hasn’t really done anything “wrong”, but Joe is a big step up…

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure he gets straight back in TBH. 

Think we played him on the left down there last season or maybe Norwich? In for Murphy maybe if he doesn't want to disrupt the middle?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we played him on the left down there last season or maybe Norwich? In for Murphy maybe if he doesn't want to disrupt the middle?

He definitely started wide against them in this fixture last season cos it was obvs pre-Norwich. But he already looked a different player even then. And aye he was on the left against Norwich I think cos it was a bit of a botched line-up with something up with Wood, iirc. Was him and Murphy either side of Maxi.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Injury aside I don't see him changing the starting 11. We've seen how often he keeps a winning side and rewards players with continued spots in the team when we win.

Me neither, nor should he

He absolutely should play the best players available to him every game.

It'd be harsh but I'd be dropping Willock, keeping Longstaff in the 6 with Bruno/Joe ahead.

We need proper width and overlapping runs at home to add to our threat, so Targett should be in ahead of Burn.

Maxi won't be ready so I'm OK with Murphy or Fraser on the left - they're both equally just not that great.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

I know we've won well without him, but he looked pretty damn good when he came on.

Funny how not being on the pitch for 70 mins doesn't turn a player to shit. I guess the reverse might be true for those who don't play week to week [Murphy].

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We should have scored from that. Wilson's shot would have went about 8 yards wide :lol:

I think Wilson left the pitch absolutely distraught at not getting a goal in a 5-1 win. :lol:

46 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think Wilson left the pitch absolutely distraught at not getting a goal in a 5-1 win. :lol:

Considering he really doesn't offer much apart from scoring (he's an out-and-out poacher/elite finisher), the fact he didn't score today says even more about the rest of the team. If we had Isak in there, we'd have been even more dangerous for what he brings to the team in the build-up.

Love Wilson to bits, his goals have been vital for us, but I really want to see Isak start when fit. I think we'd be able to retain the ball even higher up the pitch and a lot more will 'stick' when played into him.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

Considering he really doesn't offer much apart from scoring (he's an out-and-out poacher/elite finisher), the fact he didn't score today says even more about the rest of the team. If we had Isak in there, we'd have been even more dangerous for what he brings to the team in the build-up.

Love Wilson to bits, his goals have been vital for us, but I really want to see Isak start when fit. I think we'd be able to retain the ball even higher up the pitch and a lot more will 'stick' when played into him.

I think Isak will start in place of Almiron if Wilson’s fit.

2 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Eddie’s got a headache getting our 60 million quid striker back in the team when he’s fit :laugh2:

It's a perfect bedding-in scenario for him, if the rest of the attacking players are on form; he can come in when needed and get acclimatised with minimal pressure.