Joelinton

Stifler

got to be the best ever turnaround story in the premier league. can’t think of another player who was written off by fans, pundits as much as big joe who turned it round in this way? His team mates and managers always stood by him, Bruce did I guess - although he absolutely killed the poor kids confidence.

Edited by dave s
text

Just now, dave s said:

got to be the best ever turnaround story in the premier league. can’t think of another player who was written off by fans, pundits as much as big joe who turned it round in this way? His team mates and managers always stood by him, even Bruce did I guess - although he absolutely killed the poor kids confidence.

Almiron is getting close tbh. I had no belief whatsoever that he would ever have any end product. :lol:

7 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

His work rate and ability to win 50-50's really does remind me of Dembele that used to play for Tottenham, you just can't take the ball off him. his touch in the first half for the shot was incredible too.

Severely underrated player Dembele was. Joelinton is very similar to him in alot of ways but definitely not as technically gifted. 

If Sissoko and Dembele were merged into one player that would be Joelinton.

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Has he shifted position in the last two games? Seems more forward and left with Willock more central. Doesn’t seem like best use of his strengths. 

He has, but him and Willock do interchange during the match. 

4 hours ago, et tu brute said:

He has, but him and Willock do interchange during the match. 

I noticed this, and we were much, much better when Joelinton dropped back. Willock was fairly anonymous yesterday I thought, our weakest player. Joe coming back just stopped so many attacks with his intensity and power. 

That's the thing with Willock, I agree that he was one of our weaker players in a match of star performances, but he also did some very good things and was involved in 2 of our 4 goals. A bit sloppy and plenty to improve upon, but I can't think of a match this season where he's ever been anonymous.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I reckon Willock is the most under-appreciated player in our side at the moment like. Think it’s a knock-on effect of him having lost his goal scoring form and a lot of his work not leading directly to goals, even though he’s created some great chances and is amazing when he makes his direct runs through the heart of midfield. I think his ability to run with the ball at great pace and transition us very quickly into attack isn’t matched by anyone else in the team other than ASM but Willock is more reliable in releasing the ball to teammates where ASM typically goes it alone a bit more. When he gets a goal I reckon we’ll see him go on a run of great form that will be a lot more noticeable (a la Miggy)

57 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I reckon Willock is the most under-appreciated player in our side at the moment like. Think it’s a knock-on effect of him having lost his goal scoring form and a lot of his work not leading directly to goals, even though he’s created some great chances and is amazing when he makes his direct runs through the heart of midfield. I think his ability to run with the ball at great pace and transition us very quickly into attack isn’t matched by anyone else in the team other than ASM but Willock is more reliable in releasing the ball to teammates where ASM typically goes it alone a bit more. When he gets a goal I reckon we’ll see him go on a run of great form that will be a lot more noticeable (a la Miggy)

Couldn’t disagree more 

Willock was knackered after about 2 minutes yesterday , Howe was shouting at him as he wasn’t pressing - would prefer Shelvey 

Fair enough, I don’t disagree that he switches off energy-wise sometimes and will never have the natural pressing element to his game that Joelinton, Almiron and Longstaff have but I think he responded well and the main thing from my perspective is that he offers us something different. If he had better vision/delivery he’d be a great playmaker but there’s a lot to work with in terms of his great running with the ball, his accurate passing on the ground and his previous goal scoring form. I think he’s got the most potential in our squad currently to reach a higher level than he’s consistently shown so far

3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Couldn’t disagree more 

Willock was knackered after about 2 minutes yesterday , Howe was shouting at him as he wasn’t pressing - would prefer Shelvey 

Makes you wonder, if that's the case, how he managed to break away in the 59th minute and slide a pass through for Joelinton that, ultimately, led to the 3rd.

"Nackered after about 2 minutes" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Has he shifted position in the last two games? Seems more forward and left with Willock more central. Doesn’t seem like best use of his strengths. 

That was certainly the case yesterday.Was that because Cash likes to overlap,which he rarely did on Saturday? Both him and BDB had good games down our left but neither are natural attacking players which was probably the reason why most of out attacks came down the right.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Willock simply isn’t good enough in any department.

9 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Makes you wonder, if that's the case, how he managed to break away in the 59th minute and slide a pass through for Joelinton that, ultimately, led to the 3rd.

"Nackered after about 2 minutes" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He failed to find Big Joe with his slide rule pass though.