Joelinton

Stifler

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think Almiron's the first name on Howe's teamsheet at the minute. I think there'll be quite a bit of rotation between Isak, Maxi & Wilson.

At the moment I cannot see Eddie dropping/resting Wilson for league games.I haven’t seen enough of Isak to say he’s good enough to allow Wilson to be rested later in the season.ASM will miss a few games through injury but would Eddie find a role for Isak in the team if that happened? I’m not suggesting like for like but maybe put Almiron on the left.Probably not.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think Almiron's the first name on Howe's teamsheet at the minute. I think there'll be quite a bit of rotation between Isak, Maxi & Wilson.

Nah, it'll be Pope. Whenever you writing  the team down you always start with the keeper.

I know he's not a forward as such anymore so might be being a bit harsh but he should be still scoring more than he should. Think he's ideal for this season but as we're pushing up the table I'd prefer a purer DM to free up Bruno a bit and add someone like Maddison as the more advanced CM.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know he's not a forward as such anymore so might be being a bit harsh but he should be still scoring more than he should. Think he's ideal for this season but as we're pushing up the table I'd prefer a purer DM to free up Bruno a bit and add someone like Maddison as the more advanced CM.

This is an interesting point. Joelinton is probably going to have to add more attacking threat moving forwards to guarantee his place in the side. Particularly next season as you say. 

Joelinton will be an important squad player for the next 3-4 years, even as we progress.

He can play wide left or right and either side of the midfield 3. His physical output is so great that even as we get better he'd still start a high number of games due to his versatility and tactical discipline. He's tailor made for Howe's high intensity pressing game.

His attacking figures should be better but I think Howe sees him as integral to his plans.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

5 hours ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Joelinton will be an important squad player for the next 3-4 years, even as we progress.

He can play wide left or right and either side of the midfield 3. His physical output is so great that even as we get better he'd still start a high number of games due to his versatility and tactical discipline. He's tailor made for Howe's high intensity pressing game.

His attacking figures should be better but I think Howe sees him as integral to his plans.

We’re becoming a decent footballing team.The more the team improves,the less we’ll require someone like Big Joe.I personally think he’s generally struggled this season due to lack of ability on the ball.There are signs that he’s slowing play down in the final third.After the next two transfer windows I’d like to think he and a number of other players lacking quality on the ball have gone.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tend to agree, I really appreciate the work he puts in but he’s very untidy on the ball. 

Think he’ll remain a tool we’ll want in the squad for a while mind. 

Quite possibly.I don’t think his energy levels have been good this season.I’ve just watched the highlights on MOTD and if you watch the important snippets at the end, when the pundits discuss the action,check out Big Joe’s lack of energy/interest/involvement.

11 minutes ago, Holloway said:

He's still an asset to this team, his game just lacks that bit of finish. He'll be around the first team for a while yet

He'll get around 6 goals in the league and be one of our top 5 influential players of the season. Expectations are obviously heightened around here. :) 

Really saw a differetn version of Willock as a LCM, I'd be tempted to play the below on Wed: 

Longstaff   Bruno  WIllock

Miggy                                       Big Jow

Wilson 

With the idea that eventually Longstaff moves out the team for Bruno at RCM and Shelvey central. Willock/Joelinton complete for the LCM role and Maxi regains his place as our LW. 

Edited by Kanji

It's interesting, but I actually wonder if his finishing would be better coming onto the ball from his stronger right hand side.

Would be interesting to see him in the RCM position at some point.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's interesting, but I actually wonder if his finishing would be better coming onto the ball from his stronger right hand side.

Would be interesting to see him in the RCM position at some point.

We all know he’s not an out and out striker as has been proved but considering he’s played “forward” you’d expect better finishing from him. Colossal physical presence but the finishing aspect is definitely a weak point of his game. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Really saw a differetn version of Willock as a LCM, I'd be tempted to play the below on Wed: 

Longstaff   Bruno  WIllock

Miggy                                       Big Jow

Wilson 

With the idea that eventually Longstaff moves out the team for Bruno at RCM and Shelvey central. Willock/Joelinton complete for the LCM role and Maxi regains his place as our LW. 

I'm sorry but the thought of him being in any position of the front 3 is absolutely horrific.