Joelinton

Stifler

3 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Nearly every car I pass , the driver is looking down (texting) 

Eyes not on the road. 

Huge issue , I don’t know the number of phone related deaths but I know it’s on the increase.

Ps - I don’t condone either 

in my eyes speeding / drinking / texting are similar as all breaking the law.

Some May say texting is worse as the driver isn’t even looking at the road 

So murder is similar to streaming a football match, because they're both breaking the law? Got it. 

There's a scale. Drink driving is far more dangerous than speeding, per person per mile, that's beyond any doubt because it's not even close. To form an equivalence is dangerous, because everyone speeds. And therefore there's nothing you can say to stop people speeding because we all do it. You included, if you drive. 

Therefore forming an equivalence risks impressionable people thinking they're both similarly dangerous, so if they can speed safely (in their eyes) they're ok to drink drive safely.

Drink driving is massively worse than speeding. Though of course speeding is wrong.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I was crossing the road the other day at a stop light, and there was a guy with an ipad balanced on his lap, and he had a video game on there while driving. I'm guessing he was glancing down and playing it anytime traffic slowed or he came to a brief stop. That's how bad things are getting with these devices.

It absolutely boils my piss when people driving are using their phones.  I've seen it loads of times and the biggest arseholes are those that think it's ok to text whilst at traffic lights.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

:lol: What's the point in having a forum at all if we're going by that reasoning?

You're right. Close the forum!

Anyway ... his 'Tory' post was so bizarrely out of context to anything we were discussing at the time I just thought it was absolutely ridiculous.

He seemingly was insinuating I was a tory then and now today I'm apparently a fascist. Honestly man, words fail me. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Anyway ... his 'Tory' post was so bizarrely out of context to anything we were discussing at the time I just thought it was absolutely ridiculous.

He seemingly was insinuating I was a tory then and now today I'm apparently a fascist. Honestly man, words fail me. 

Stop throwing people out of helicopters, KaKa.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

It absolutely boils my piss when people driving are using their phones.  I've seen it loads of times and the biggest arseholes are those that think it's ok to text whilst at traffic lights.

I'm not sure what the penalties are for using all these devices whilst driving but they really need to be ratcheted up asap. It is seriously out of control.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Are you implying there's a difference ?

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

I've posted on here before about my average 22min 4mile bike ride home from work which consisted of 4 cars going through red lights and I stopped counting at 10, people on mobile phones.

IMO..

Speeding 50 in a residential 30mph, or 150 on the motorway is worse than driving at marginally over the legal drink limit at the correct speeds on empty roads.

Driving 3 times the legal drink limit is worse than 75mph on motorway or 33 in a residential area.

There is a sliding scale and its pointless making generalisations to be honest. Alcohol is lethal because it affects your reactions. Excessive speeding is lethal as stopping distances etc are affected regardless of your reaction times. 

Disclaimer: I do neither of the extremes and actually don't drive having any drink personally. I speed but not what I'd term excessively or in stupid places  [emoji38] and I'm not condoning anyone etc etc etc

53 minutes ago, Rod said:

I agree it’s getting —- ooh shit a red light —- okay I’m back, silly.

46 minutes ago, madras said:

I've posted on here before about my average 22min 4mile bike ride home from work which consisted of 4 cars going through red lights and I stopped counting at 10, people on mobile phones.

What also boils my piss is people counting when on the roads as it breaks their concentration ?

The point I’m trying to make is you’re condescending people, deliberately winding them up and dismissing their opinions, personal traumas and fears at the state of the country like it’s some sort of sport, which is conduct indicative of, and commonplace amongst, those of the far right. Your belittling of the poster with a very recent experience of drink-driving related trauma was callous and really misconceived, I think you’d do well to apologise and think about the fact you need to coexist in this space with others.