Fantasy Premier League (2021/22)

Fitzgerald

16 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

This week is an unmitigated disaster

How much did people actually score? I’m used to the “bad week, just the 132pts with three to play” posts. The average score for this week is 20 :lol:.

I feel like I had an OK week after getting in Captain Salah, but I’m still only on 37pts. With three to play.

I had easily my best week in the context of everyone else doing pants. Salah (c), Antonio, Jota, Gray, Keane all bringing in points. Solskjaer helpfully substituted Maguire before they conceded, so lucked out on some clean sheet points there too. Crawling up my work leaderboard but still basically a week behind everyone in mid-table. 

Only my second year doing this. If you start badly in this thing that's basically it, I take it? 

It will be tricky to catch up but not impossible. There’s a big spread of premium players and you can’t have them all so if you can pick your way through (for example Chelsea now have a nice run of games, people will probably gamble on Lukaku for Ronny or find a way to get both) you can make ground

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I had easily my best week in the context of everyone else doing pants. Salah (c), Antonio, Jota, Gray, Keane all bringing in points. Solskjaer helpfully substituted Maguire before they conceded, so lucked out on some clean sheet points there too. Crawling up my work leaderboard but still basically a week behind everyone in mid-table. 

Only my second year doing this. If you start badly in this thing that's basically it, I take it? 

Not necessarily, you need to save your bench boost and triple captain for the double game weeks later on in the season.

Salah being away for a month in January changes things as well as people will need to use more differentials.

9 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Been a rotten few weeks where every player I need to fail just so happens to score, without exception. So unlucky, man.

Antonio and Sarr this time.

Although having your GK clean sheet and assist helps. Thank you, Jose Sa.

I swapped Raphinha out for Sarr. Was pissed at first but ended ok i guess.

Had Shaw and TAA in defence. Utterly shit. Hoping Duffy does something decent tonight.

I need to swap Torres or Bamford out this week though.

Edited by nufcjb

I'm thinking the same. So many online are dead against a team with Salah, Ronaldo and Lukaku premiums but..... it's very doable.

Might go for an extremely rare 4-point hit. I only like doing them when it's 3 for 2 and almost nailed-on to succeed, so when Alexander-Arnold, James and Bamford are out - plus Jota probably benched - I feel like this is a great chance to put out a few fires :thup: