Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

With FFP I was okay with the idea of selling him and trusting the reinvestment but his stock has fallen so much since the Man City game that its probably not worth it to sell him now.

I think this is probably the club thinking as well. He's not really done much this season when he has appeared, doesn't seem to scare the opposition anywhere like he used to, so not sure there will be enough interest to get us a fee which would be worthwhile.

He used to look unplayable in some games, but that was probably down to crap managers like Lampard not knowing how to deal with him. Unless we get a decent wedge, might as well keep him as an impact sub if nothing else.

2 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I really want him to shine with us, but he needs to get himself fully fit for that to happen. A good pre-season will help in that regard. 

I like that he acknowledged that he’s a different player under Howe and realises that he has to defend. I think that structure has harmed his game although he’s clearly trying to improve tactically 

Agree with this. His passing against Wolves was superb. But it usually seems forced and often inaccurate. 

Still think there might be some truth in the hamstring complaint. As he didn’t look to run at players against Wolves or Forest. Despite having numerous chances to do so. He was more than happy to against Man U and Liverpool, with varying degrees of success. 

Maxi was class today. I mean the dribbling the ball away from his own feet at times is not really wanted, but he is such a handful for any team when he is playing like that, and what a fucking assist, the leap for his header was perfect.

Looked like he had that burst back today, few times when he ran at them he looked fucking electric. Never quite came off for him but great to see and the bit of composure to put it on a plate for Willock will hopefully give him a big lift.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Looked like he had that burst back today, few times when he ran at them he looked fucking electric. Never quite came off for him but great to see and the bit of composure to put it on a plate for Willock will hopefully give him a big lift.

???

He had Dalot on toast. He had 5 or 6 shot creating passes. And an actual assist.  It came off.  

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

???

He had Dalot on toast. He had 5 or 6 shot creating passes. And an actual assist.  It came off.  

Yeah. Maybe should have shot more but had potentially at least three assists. A very good game. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

???

Aye, just meant in the sense it never directly led to a goal.

Just now, Dr. TC said:

Apart from the one time it did? :crazy2:

His running at the full back never led to a goal. The original post was a comment on his burst when running with the ball.

Jesus Christ lads, it was a positive post :lol:

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Had a far better game and did well for the assist. I was screaming at him to go outside Dalot more mind.

Yeah, he's two-footed and you don't have to be that strong on your weaker foot to cut the ball back. Cutbacks create very high probability chances, and have been a part of the Man City equation.

Maxi had a great game, not quite clinical with the dribbles, but still pulling over an extra defender every time and still feeding someone in a shooting position.

He remains a hole in our press, but Man U were too weak to exploit it.

Don't know if Man U just handled him badly or he was just on it today, but he fully justified Howe's faith in him. I was a bit frustrated in the first half when he kept cutting inside, but he did start mixing it up better as the game went on.