Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

4 hours ago, alexf said:

Have to say. Despite him playing way recently. To the eye, physically he hasn't looked right to me. Perhaps this hamstring has been playing up a little for awhile and they are just trying to manage it and avoid him getting a longer term strain. 

Shame if he's out of Villa and worse Spurs as I think having all our attacking options makes a big difference. 

Agree with this and what others have been saying about his fitness, generally. Seems like when playing with a bit more intensity. His body just isn’t up to it. 

Thought since the Wolves game. He has looked unsure about fully opening up and trying to go past players. But didn’t know how much of that was down to instructions and him trying to adapt his game. 

On 08/04/2023 at 23:38, The College Dropout said:

We need him to pay the majority of the remaining games man.  

I agree with this as though he can be inconsistent he offers something different to our other wingers and adds to our creativity 

That probably ends any debate about him potentially being sold in the summer tbh. I doubt we'd be able to give him away at this point, the poor lad is a money drain to anyone who owns him. 

It’s a shame - he’s been excellent last few games for me.  But the lad is made of glass - I don’t think we can afford players who are more or less guaranteed  to miss half of our games next year with European football now starting to look more likely than not. 

he will have to do a lot of work to get his body capable of running more. He can do it with more conditioning work I'm sure, but it's definitely frustrating at the moment. 

Bruce not getting them in for training more than once a week really won't have helped any of these players. Going from that to Howe's methods will be killing their muscles. 

It has looked like he's not been able to fully open up when he's been running/sprinting since he got back, it wouldn't surprise me if it hasn't fully healed since the last time he did it.

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That probably ends any debate about him potentially being sold in the summer tbh. I doubt we'd be able to give him away at this point, the poor lad is a money drain to anyone who owns him. 

It's not great because it will probably lower his selling price down the line as well. Other clubs aren't daft, they will look at how many games he is missing through injury, and it seems to be more season on season.

1 minute ago, TRon said:
28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's not great because it will probably lower his selling price down the line as well. Other clubs aren't daft, they will look at how many games he is missing through injury, and it seems to be more season on season.

Yeah, ultimately I think there's very little chance of his story with us ending in a big sale. He'll be loaned before he's sold imo, whenever that might be. 

I think a desperate promoted club or mid table club would take the gamble on him for say 25-30 mill. He posted a video of him running at 15km/h yesterday on a treadmill. Surely you can’t do that with a grade 2 tear. 

53 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I think a desperate promoted club or mid table club would take the gamble on him for say 25-30 mill. He posted a video of him running at 15km/h yesterday on a treadmill. Surely you can’t do that with a grade 2 tear. 

Palace who don't play a high pressing game might think £25-30m to replace Zaha would be worth a gamble, depends on who their long term manager is of course. Think the £40-50m boat has sailed.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Not overly concerned, with Ritchie coming into the side now. 

It's what? Three games/wins in a row now when he's been involved?

That bodes well for our final run in.