Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s still really weird, and going off the constant injuries it also isn’t working.

I'm assuming from his videos that he's in the south of France, in which case it's not weird at all. Muscles recover quicker in warmer conditions - so spending time somewhere that is probably circa. 10 degrees warmer on average than Newcastle makes perfect sense. 

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, stozo said:

I'm assuming from his videos that he's in the south of France, in which case it's not weird at all. Muscles recover quicker in warmer conditions - so spending time somewhere that is probably circa. 10 degrees warmer on average than Newcastle makes perfect sense. 

Don’t quite agree, it’s an odd one. But he seems to always be injured and jetting off to the South of France. Like that work shy bloke from work who is always hoying in the sickies.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

As soon as he has a stand out game where his decision making is matched up perfectly to his natural speed and power, then we find  out he's out injured again. Difficult to get too excited when he never seems to build any momentum.

I only see him as a means to an end now, get a game/the season over the line. Have zero long-termism regarding him now. Whether he's here or not.

9 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

If the one and only Dean Jones from Give Me Sport thinks ASM is going then he’s almost certainly off. Might as well start thinking about his replacement now. 

Because of your name, I can only read this as if it's him posting on twitter trolling people.

1 hour ago, LV said:

Who the fuck is Dean Jones? 

The only dean jones I’m familiar with is the actor who starred in herbie. As far as films about sentient vw Beatles go, yeah, the guys up there as the GOAT. But not sure how good his insider info on ASM is. 

IMG_9833.jpeg

To be fair to him, there's plenty of people stirring shit about him outside of his camp as it is, so not sure it makes all that much difference. When so many of us are fantasizing about moving him on for a fitter, more Howeish player, he can't really be blamed for protecting his options.

His recent upturn in form before getting injured again complicates things. He’s shown how valuable he can be as he adds something nobody else has and we’ve missed him the last couple of games. He also looks to be buying into Howe’s methods. The problem as ever is inconsistency with injuries and he also doesn’t score enough goals. 

Seemed nailed on not long ago that he’d leave but now wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed next season. Equally if they got a high bid for him I wouldn’t be that surprised if we moved him on as I think there’ll be at least 1 top winger come in. 

What’s his contract situation?

23 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Tbf is he not allowed a season of injuries? Especially considering he was our most ever present player the year before? Feel he's earned that 

Are the club not allowed to get a full season out of him since they pay him to play for the full season, i dont think hes on a part time contract lol.

Since being here hes played 26, 25 ,35 and currently 20 league games so hes  missed almost a season and a half worth of games. Not all would have been through injury admittedly but it looks like he really would suit a 25 game league.

If he's not playing on Sunday - and it seems unlikely - then that's two pivotal games he'll have missed in the fight for the CL. It's not his fault he's picked up muscle injuries, but these are the games you want your best players available.

On 18/04/2023 at 23:14, ExiledGeordie said:

His recent upturn in form before getting injured again complicates things. He’s shown how valuable he can be as he adds something nobody else has and we’ve missed him the last couple of games. He also looks to be buying into Howe’s methods. The problem as ever is inconsistency with injuries and he also doesn’t score enough goals. 

Seemed nailed on not long ago that he’d leave but now wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed next season. Equally if they got a high bid for him I wouldn’t be that surprised if we moved him on as I think there’ll be at least 1 top winger come in. 

What’s his contract situation?

Expires June 2026

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

Any sightings. Is he on the Cote D'Azure or Cote D'Whitley Bay?

So bizarrely - because I’m not in a twelve bedroom mansion with a basement swimming pool - he actually currently lives in the same street on me - couple doors down. And so, I typically see him / hear his flamboyant cars every other day. Not seen him this week.

3 hours ago, GeordieT said:

So bizarrely - because I’m not in a twelve bedroom mansion with a basement swimming pool - he actually currently lives in the same street on me - couple doors down. And so, I typically see him / hear his flamboyant cars every other day. Not seen him this week.

No way he's playing then.