Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Even his recovery is a bit odd, the best place to train and rehab is along the harbour in Monaco? :lol:

It's the mist of extreme wealth in the air, helps muscle recovery, similar to a cold plunge for us plebs. 

Edited by The Bonk

Rather not sell him but if he cannot stay fit and is going to miss games often and take a few games to get up to speed every time he comes back...there isn't much else choice really.

Hopefully mind games with the whole running round Monaco :lol:

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Someone needs to tell him to settle down. Trains way too hard. Saw it during lockdown too on his IG videos. Sprints upon sprints upon sprints. Don’t think his body can handle what he’s doing to it. Clear to see, every game he holds his hamstring at some point. 

I imagine we'll hear something closer to the truth from Howe tomorrow at the press conference. Not the exact truth ofcourse but, truth adjacent perhaps. 

Ideally Miggy will be back fit for Spurs so he'll take ASMs place in the matchday sqaud and then if we could get ASM back for the last 4 games or so to make an impact that'll hopefully do.

https://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/exclusive-newcastle-reach-shock-double-decision-beloved-attacker-star-offered-big-money-exit-opportunity

Apparently he will be up for sale in the summer

Newcastle United will listen to offers for winger Allan Saint-Maximin after deciding that he does not warrant a new contract and that he does not have a long-term future at the club, TEAMtalk understands.

That article incorrectly states that his contract expires at the end of the 2024-25 season.  In fact he was given an extended contract through June 2026.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/allan-saint-maximin-signs-new-deal-to-stay-at-newcastle-united-until-2026/

Depending on who you believe, he's making somewhere between 4 million and 5 million per year.

I doubt that he is desperate to leave, even if the club won't redo his contract yet again, or that the club feels any pressing need to get him off the payroll.  Can't see him leaving any time soon unless the club gets an unrefuseable offer.

Guest reefatoon

How is he always doing off when he is injured? Should he not be here being treated by the club and making sure he is getting the right treatment. Loves a mid season holiday or six this fella.

Edited by reefatoon

He could easily have far more assists than that. Willock and Longstaff alone have probably blazed about 5 tap-ins over the bar :lol:

If he could stay fit there would be no doubt about his role IMO, but as it is I'm not sure we can really persevere for much longer. Except as an impact sub maybe.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I've said this before. He's crucial. He's always a fret to opposition that needs active mitigation. He's also very productive in his output whether it be goals or assists.

Yeah, I get the impression that even if the opposition works him out he still occupies them in a way that frees up Wilock/Joelinton/Bruno etc. 

The drop off from him to the other wide players in our squad is monumental. 

36 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I can't understand why he has to go to France for treatment. We must have the best of the best available here and we can keep an eye on his progress 

I was interested/relieved to hear we have a club medical team member travel out and work with him each day while he's away to keep continuity between the club and the French treatment. Made me more relaxed about the situation.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I've said this before. He's crucial. He's always a fret to opposition that needs active mitigation. He's also very productive in his output whether it be goals or assists.

As soon as he has a stand out game where his decision making is matched up perfectly to his natural speed and power, then we find  out he's out injured again. Difficult to get too excited when he never seems to build any momentum.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, 80 said:

I was interested/relieved to hear we have a club medical team member travel out and work with him each day while he's away to keep continuity between the club and the French treatment. Made me more relaxed about the situation.

It’s still really weird, and going off the constant injuries it also isn’t working.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s still really weird, and going off the constant injuries it also isn’t working.

Yeah, I don't disagree. Howe was talking about the approach to it in his most recent press conference.