Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

How do you objectively measure that though, that's my point. You have to remove all elements of guesswork and subjective BS when rulemaking, surely.

My point too. :lol: :thup:

It’s a non-starter. Doesn’t make the debate and the attempt to ‘moralise’ the issue for the integrity of the game any less tedious and pathetic.

It might be something that clubs could make a case about if we were a club scrapping around the championship or bottom of the PL and we made a huge value sale on a player who was a nothing player.

What would be the argument here? We’ve gotten into the champions league and sold a player whose stats are strong and who’s widely regarded as an extremely talented player in the league. The whole thing’s absurd 

Honestly, it would have to be pretty egregious for anyone to look at it seriously.

This looks exactly market value which as others have said is difficult to know in the first place. Were the fee 100M then eyebrows would get raised.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

PIF should sue Liverpool and Spurs into oblivion. Make them go bust. 

Nothing has happened and it would be the PL they would sue should they pull some crazy shit based on their complaints.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Sorry a bit late, have people discussed who is better ASM or Barnes?

Hopefully this could set off a good chat.

Thank you

That’s a tough one. 

On one hand you have a player who scores goals for fun from the LW position. 

On the other hand you have a player who does some step overs and plays about 3 decent games a season. 

I don’t know which I’d pick. 

Just now, Slim said:

Sorry a bit late, have people discussed who is better ASM or Barnes?

Hopefully this could set off a good chat.

Thank you

Yes, it was determined to be a 50/50 split. ;)

My opinion? Depends on what you are looking for in the player.

The audacity of these clubs, man [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Dodgy deal? We're getting underpaid for our only souce of flair! Genuinely a £40-50m player right now & the fee sounds nowhere near.

They can get to fuck :mackems:

The systems is so broken and has been for years but its hilarious its the majority of clubs that broke it and benefitted the most that have their arms constantly up in the air whining about how they are threatened. 

Does this then open up the door the other way for the PL to investigate things like Manure trying to charge 3 times the regular fee or what West Ham paid for Lingard to come to us on loan because we are a "rival" or other clubs inflating fees for rivals or because "we can pay more" or charging more to fit their own FFP? Should there be one set price for everyone?. When does it end. So many clubs have working partnerships and good relations. How much scrutiny is needed in the game? There isn't enough time lol

So, a few deals this summer to compare with:

Mason Mount £60M

Ruben Neves £48M

Riyad Mahrez £30M

Moussa Diaby £52M

Sandro Tonali £55M

Andre Onana £48M

Declan Rice £105M

It's also said Harvey Barnes will cost us £38M and we've had a bid of £30M for Tino Livramento turned down, as Southampton value him at £50M.

So then to say that Newcastle are putting an unrealistic high price for Allan Saint-Maximin at £30M is just ridiculous!

7 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

So, a few deals this summer to compare with:

Mason Mount £60M

Ruben Neves £48M

Riyad Mahrez £30M

Moussa Diaby £52M

Sandro Tonali £55M

Andre Onana £48M

Declan Rice £105M

It's also said Harvey Barnes will cost us £38M and we've had a bid of £30M for Tino Livramento turned down, as Southampton value him at £50M.

So then to say that Newcastle are putting an unrealistic high price for Allan Saint-Maximin at £30M is just ridiculous!

Mason Mount and Rice prices are utterly absurd 

Our owners saw this coming which is why they stuck to market value (probably even on the lower side) knowing fans would complain but not taking the piss as they knew other clubs would issue a complaint.

it seems our owners aren’ta a clueless moron like Chelseas 

Seems like anything happening incoming is pending on this maxi deal going through as far as what Eddie has said. I don’t know why it’s taking so long. Hopefully this week we’ll see some progress at least with that then hopefully a chain reaction of signings .

4 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Seems like anything happening incoming is pending on this maxi deal going through as far as what Eddie has said. I don’t know why it’s taking so long. Hopefully this week we’ll see some progress at least with that then hopefully a chain reaction of signings .

I think the hold up of the Barnes deal is that acording to new rules PL has to investigate the ASM deal when two clubs with the same owner is doing a deal with each other. Just to see that the price is of market value.

An investigation that, I'm sure, would lead to a positive outcome for Newcastle. There is nothing strange with the fee if you look at todays market. But it takes a few days and that's extremly frustrating for us fans.

Sounds on Howe that he's not to worried about it, even though he would prefer to have Barnes in the US for the training camp.