Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Surely he can be coached though?

He doesn't even need to improve his ability or out, just literally pass the ball more[emoji38]

:lol: The annoying thing is it'll only make him him better, too. Fucking get your head up, pass, run and get the return. Then maybe you only have to beat 2 players instead of 5 and you still get the opportunity to score. Its so infuriating :lol: 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Surely he can be coached though?

He doesn't even need to improve his ability or out, just literally pass the ball more[emoji38]

He did play the simple pass quite a bit today once he realised Ngakia was quick enough to keep up I thought. 

Thing that annoys me the most about him and somebody mentioned it here earlier and I did also is that he never runs in behind for the pass and always wants it to feet so it means he always has to beat the full back rather than having the head start

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: The annoying thing is it'll only make him him better, too. Fucking get your head up, pass, run and get the return. Then maybe you only have to beat 2 players instead of 5 and you still get the opportunity to score. Its so infuriating :lol: 

I kna, like if he undersrand how triangles work he'll realise that he can bypass the 3 players infront of him and try his step overs against their CB [emoji38]

Guest Biggsbond14
9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Allan St Maximin. Doesnt understand triangles.

For that reason he will never make it as a top player he just wants to do his own thing and get je4ked off by his twitter followers instead of actually being a team player and gaining respect from his teammates and us 

He wasn't alone today, especially in the first half. Everyone was over thinking everything when we had the ball. Any chance to attack quickly was ruined by dallying then passing sideways, backwards or simply passing to the opposition. 

I'm glad we played through trippier and Fraser, although the latter seems to have lost the ability to beat a man. We still rely too much ASM doing something magical. He left Dummett exposed pretty much all game and while Joe did a good job covering ground, he should have to.

Did he leave Dummett exposed? Open to correction but seemed to me like the Ngakia kid wasn't interested in getting forward and then that Femenia didn't do much either until the cross for the goal which was after ASM went off

3 hours ago, Bompeter said:

Provided the one moment of real quality in the game that would have secured us three points if it wasn’t for the appalling quality of his teammates. Unfortunately the narrative is set and he’s been ID’d as one of the problems in the squad by a not insignificant portion of our moronic fan base.

I think being blinded by one moment instead of all the other ones is a bit more, if not moronic, simplistic and could be argued to be going with the exception not the rule in his overall performance today and generally. Hardly likely to see the downside of his game if that's all that's being looked at.

To squander attacks, runs, positions by going into business for yourself would get your f**king arse kicked by lots of managers. Those of us that have played probably still feel echoes of that pressure to at minor levels, especially if trying to make it.

Far from moronic like. Far better players than ASM have been sacrified for the greater good of the overall team regardless of how likely they were as opposed to their team-mates to create something.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Aside from his goal he was poor. The point that I think is most important at the moment though is that he's more or less the only player we have where you can even start the sentence with 'aside from his goal...'. Just feels like a waste of time pointing out his obvious flaws when he's the best of a bad bunch.

3 hours ago, triggs said:

Thing that annoys me the most about him and somebody mentioned it here earlier and I did also is that he never runs in behind for the pass and always wants it to feet so it means he always has to beat the full back rather than having the head start

I also find he slows attacks down as he will only pass when he thinks its his only option left and by that time it's too late - the chance has gone. 

Edited by duo

He only passes the ball when it's his last option. Great goal but so many times he destroys the build up. Despite what he says he's only interested in himself. Wins are great for the team but only when he is the hero. Sadly we can't drop him because we have no one else capable

The main reason for his poor display yesterday was how slow we take to get the ball to him. So many times yesterday he was in space but by the time Lascelles or the midfield got the ball to him, Watford had doubled up on him.

If only he could see that he doesn't need to be the biggest fish in the pond to be loved by the fans, he's turned in to a stereotypical lazy French player since his pal Bruce left and he was only happy with Bruce because he let him do as he pleased. I still think Saint Max could be outstanding for us, but he's another who needs to change his attitude on the pitch.

13 hours ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Because you blow him off instead of watching how little of a team player he is so don’t call others moronic for pointing out facts 

People do that though. There's still a queue of fans that blow Rafa off, and would happily sack Howe and have him back here next week.

(And yes I do like Rafa, but wouldn't go back)

On facts though, ASM is still our best player.

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

People do that though. There's still a queue of fans that blow Rafa off, and would happily sack Howe and have him back here next week.

(And yes I do like Rafa, but wouldn't go back)

On facts though, ASM is still our best player.

Make no mistake about it , take him out of the team and we WILL look horrific,  I do get folks points though , it's a difficult one when he looked and often does look the only fucker who can score a goal mind.

6 minutes ago, GWN said:

Make no mistake about it , take him out of the team and we WILL look horrific,  I do get folks points though , it's a difficult one when he looked and often does look the only fucker who can score a goal mind.

Last week I was more annoyed when everyone was just blaming him and Howe, but to be honest, he wasn't brilliant yesterday, but is he brilliant, can he be brilliant, and has he been brilliant before, absolutely yes.

In these shit times, he needs some protection from blame, because he's been good more than bad, we need to weed out the bad, before we start on him. 

The best players we have although early days are ASM/Wilson/Trippier/ and the new Joelinton. The rest are why we are in the bottom three.

To be honest, we've all even written Willock off, but in comparison to ASM , he really has been off, so its warranted. 

Someone did mention on Willock though, move him to the right instead of Fraser, I think that could work, he certainly didnt fluke his performances the previous season, he just needs a more advanced role.

Guest Biggsbond14
42 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Last week I was more annoyed when everyone was just blaming him and Howe, but to be honest, he wasn't brilliant yesterday, but is he brilliant, can he be brilliant, and has he been brilliant before, absolutely yes.

In these shit times, he needs some protection from blame, because he's been good more than bad, we need to weed out the bad, before we start on him. 

The best players we have although early days are ASM/Wilson/Trippier/ and the new Joelinton. The rest are why we are in the bottom three.

To be honest, we've all even written Willock off, but in comparison to ASM , he really has been off, so its warranted. 

Someone did mention on Willock though, move him to the right instead of Fraser, I think that could work, he certainly didnt fluke his performances the previous season, he just needs a more advanced role.

The whole set up is fucked tbh , I still haven’t got a clue what position miggy is supposed to be playing in and wood isolated as is Wilson; asm playing off wood might work as a free role with someone else out left 

He really does lack a lot of fundamentals to this game, like. He's not at all unpredictable - you know what he's going to do and he's very talented at that one thing which gets him out of trouble quite a bit.

But he has no idea about movement, his passing is 'OK', his crossing technique is poor, shooting can be wayward. He's levels away from HBA in many facets. It felt like he got in the way on a few occasions yesterday but the goal was fantastic.

Howe's wingers at Bournemouth were system-focused, from memory. Agile and quick but looked to beat a man and get early crosses in etc. Someone with Robert's attacking game would be perfect.