Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Everytime he gets the ball I sit up straighter and edge to the front of my seat.  He's a dangerman x 10.  He's that wrapped gift under the tree that you couldn't get a peak of.  It's like driving a windy road and then you come out of the last curve and there is a beautiful little city laid out right in front of you.  I could keep waxing poetic, i love watching him play.

I think we need to accept that with ASM, what you see/get in the first-half is HIM and what you see and get in the second half is also HIM and that won’t change, and to be fair, given what he showed in that second half, you cannot expect that 100% all of the time, every game, every time. That’s not how the universe works. 

Just now, Thiago said:

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this but I thought he looked a bit leaner and more mobile last night.

When I saw him at Christmas he looked a bit heavier and like he didn't quite have that burst. 

He looked cleaner and leaner. His hair was getting a bit wild, but it was immaculate last night. Just like his second half performance.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

He'd be mad to even consider leaving us considering what is about to happen here. You wouldn't get an atmosphere anywhere else in Europe to perform in and he's already playing in the best league in the world. No chance he gives that up to go and play in the French League at PSG.

He's already talked about how it would be easier to play with Mbappe etc., which is why I suggested PSG. They tick the boxes - money, player interest, home country, Champions League.

No way the club would willingly sell, but I don't buy it that he's 100% tied to this club. He's my favourite player, but he carries on playing like this, the top clubs aren't going to ignore him for too much longer. Crikey, imagine that front line of Messi and St Maxi with Neymar, would be like 8 passes (all key passes), and 50+ dribble attempts per game between them lol.

I really hope he stays to see this out - but to do that we're going to have to bring in more like Bruno in the summer imo.

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Will always frustrate and delight in equal measure, and yesterday was no exception.

When we get a result the good plays will be at the forefront of everyone's mind and we'll be happy with him. When the result goes against us the bad plays will be at the forefront of everyone's mind and we'll be annoyed with him.

Nonsense ;)

I mean it. Perhaps it will be in the mind of fools who don't understand that no flair player in the world produces every single time. They will lose possession at times. That simply comes with the territory. Yesterday Everton had 3, 4 players ganging up on him all over the pitch. As our standard of player improves the opposition cannot keep our other players unprotected to keep Allan at bay, and he will only become more dangerous and effective.  

ASM is superb, he will frustrate but players that try things will do that. When I say frustrate I mean frustrate some people, personally I have no issues with him and his approach

Take the match yesterday for example and the following stats

ASM, 10 dribbles completed from 13 attempted with 5 chances created

Fraser, 0 dribbles completed from 0 attempted with 0 chances created (Btw I'm not having a go at Fraser as he played well and scored)

With ASM because of the way he plays and he tries things from an attacking sense he will get things wrong, Messi loses the ball more than most but you have to accept that is inevitable. It's similar to the grief Ben Arfa used to get, meanwhile Obertan/Gouffran would run to the full back and then pass it backwards, they didn't lose the ball and in the eyes of some doylems they were "better" to have in the team

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Ginola was better than the pair of them. [emoji38]

Yet nowhere near as good as them in terms of flair, trickery, feet work and dribbling. He would have made a very good Ronaldo-light CF today given he was over 6ft, very direct, two footed and so strong. He lacked the genuine pace and dribbling to be an effective wide player/winger today. Robert likewise who could have played a CF role without being a CF in today’s game. Ginola could never ever have did what ASM did to Everton in that second half, nor Robert. HBA could have, but strength wise on the ball, ASM, you can only stop him in full flight or even at a slower pace, by kicking and fouling him. Unplayable really when he’s in that groove…

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Yet nowhere near as good as them in terms of flair, trickery, feet work and dribbling. He would have made a very good Ronaldo-light CF today given he was over 6ft, very direct, two footed and so strong. He lacked the genuine pace and dribbling to be an effective wide player/winger today. Robert likewise who could have played a CF role without being a CF in today’s game. Ginola could never ever have did what ASM did to Everton in that second half, nor Robert. HBA could have, but strength wise on the ball, ASM, you can only stop him in full flight or even at a slower pace, by kicking and fouling him. Unplayable really when he’s in that groove…

Still prefer wor David over the pair.

Crazy discussion, all 4 mentioned were/are fantasic players. Ben Arfa was stupidly talented though, it's application that stopped him being class at a top club, would have loved to have seen him in the Keegan or Robson sides that Ginola and Robert played in. 

10 hours ago, KaKa said:

Simply untouchable. No debate to be had.

Scandalous how most teams only had 1 or 2 men on him. Put 4 men on him and give him the respect he deserves man! It’s like sticking Houdini on stage in only a bit of rope and 2 padlocks. It’s still impressive when he escapes but I wanna see him break out of Fort Knox!

Genuinely don't understand how anyone can forget the sort of things he was doing on the pitch for Newcastle. Watching those clips over again, no one in the current team can touch the guy. I actually find the argument hilarious.

18 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Why didn't PSG keep him then If he was that good? And I didn't bring him up, the constant wankathon over him on here just bemuses me.

I can help you out with that. It’s because he was really, really good. Stop ruining the ASM thread.

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Genuinely don't understand how anyone can forget the sort of things he was doing on the pitch for Newcastle. Watching those clips over again, no one in the current team can touch the guy. I actually find the argument hilarious.

I genuinely don't understand how people forget how little he started and how often he was thrown on the pitch with 10 mins to go.  

We literally had a Che Guevara mock up of him it got so blatant ffs.