Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Players say they are fine all the time, I’d air on caution , the medical stats mustn’t be great .

Who knows, as long as the lad is on the way to recovery, he’s a likeable fella on and off the field, we need to nurture him and on the plus side he should return fresh and raring to go after the holiday period when we will need him.

It's absolutely fascinating how a Bruce, or Pardew can't find a way to just let the St Maximin and Ben Arfa types loose on the pitch when it's exactly the type of player they need to conjure up a goal or assist out of the absolute nothingness that their tactics generate. And in the process potentially save their arses time and time again.

What is it? Have to treat players equally, no special treatment? But then they're full of bullshit and inconsistencies on a daily basis already anyway.

Fascinating.

dont have the brains to work out where to play them or how to build a team around them.

SBR and Keegan would have had a field day.

Just plop them on the pitch in preferred position. Done.

Ironically a Robson or a Keegan would get the absolute best out of those players whilst also not needing them as much as they would be capable of building a team dynamic anyway.

It's just a complete mindfuck :lol:

dont have the brains to work out where to play them or how to build a team around them.

SBR and Keegan would have had a field day.

Just plop them on the pitch in preferred position. Done.

Ironically a Robson or a Keegan would get the absolute best out of those players whilst also not needing them as much as they would be capable of building a team dynamic anyway.

It's just a complete mindfuck :lol:

tbf Robson inherited a better balanced team. Keegan created one.

We don't have a central midfielder at the club who would get a regular start at any other prem club.

See he's out for another 3 weeks.

I hate to be that guy but should he really be sociallising with his big family (presumably in France) if he's still feeling the effects of COVID?

I guess if he's negative then he can't pass it

It's starting to feel like a deal was made some time ago and agreement made to keep him away until he leaves for another team to avoid injury or because he fell out with Bruce or something. I know that seems over the top paranoid but nothing would surprise me with the idiots in charge of us.

I really want us to hang on to Allan in the hopes we get taken over. I feel like he is our diamond in the rough. There is so much raw talent there and with a good manager he can only get better. It will hurt to watch him fulfil that potential elsewhere.

It's starting to feel like a deal was made some time ago and agreement made to keep him away until he leaves for another team to avoid injury or because he fell out with Bruce or something. I know that seems over the top paranoid but nothing would surprise me with the idiots in charge of us.

I really want us to hang on to Allan in the hopes we get taken over. I feel like he is our diamond in the rough. There is so much raw talent there and with a good manager he can only get better. It will hurt to watch him fulfil that potential elsewhere.

You're far from paranoid. I feel the above is the most likely scenario unfortunatly.

I really don't see why the club would be saying he's still weeks away from playing again unless he's actually got Covid. It might well be that he's fell out with Bruce, but that doesn't mean they are lying about his illness. They've only got themselves to blame I suppose, their lack of clear communication is only going to lead to rumours.