Emil Krafth

Nobody

Cant say he didn't earn it. As much as he'd be someone I'd liked to have improved on

First time I thought he looked a player was at West Ham, took responsibility at times, did some creative stuff hitherto unforseen and looked half a foot taller.

9 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Steve Bruce has really let himself go...

IF you look good at that knee you see a monkey. That monkey that lives in Japan i think that uses hotsprings in the Mountains. 

Edited by BigValley

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why?

Not liking these contract extensions for players like this. Either they are happy with midtable or expect to get a fee for them one day.

He’s a back up and it’s a one year extension. Doesn’t say anything much imo. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why?

Not liking these contract extensions for players like this. Either they are happy with midtable or expect to get a fee for them one day.

Extended until 2024 is more than deserved in Krafth's case.

Considering our first choice fullback is almost 32. We should look to sign a fullback that can push for the first team in the next 12 months or so.

I'd prefer to let the wages wind down and go again in the market. Gives him an incentive for this season too.

Edited by The College Dropout

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

So don't reward good performance? Great incentive that 

If we think they are not ultimately good enough for where we want to go.... no. They'll be rewarded by another club.

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Good on him, but I reckon he'll be moved on in a year. 

Got to get a younger RB in next summer to compete with an ageing Trippier. 

This is my hope. He has another decent season and we can actually get a fee for him next summer.

7 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Every club needs decent back up. That's Krafth's role and the contract length reflects that.

Kind of mad that Trippier is being put out to pasture already. 32 is not old these days.

For a full-back, it's kind of old.

We don't need a RB for this season. But we should start looking for next season potentially. It's called succession planning. Especially if we have European aspirations.

Meh. I think Manquillo is the better back up option but he's been Dummettesque in the injury stakes lately, so its a sensible decision to reward Kraps efforts and move Manq on instead.

Not sure there's a great deal between Krafth and Manquillo really. Manquillo can also cover left back - but we're well stocked there and with left footed CBs who could fill in. Krafth is a year younger and can also do a job of sorts at CB in an emergency or in a back 3.