Liverpool v Newcastle sat 14/9 1230pm kick off live tv to the world.

Guest covmag

:dowie:

Im guessing he's in the crash and burn camp.

Theres nothing left to support. Whats the point in cheering Bruce on with the ultimate aim of staying up in 17th place as a successful season? A successful season for Ashley, yes. A successful season for NUFC? No, another disastrous year where we fall even further behind other clubs for no other reason than that's what Mike wants.

Got a feeling this is gonna be too close for my liking. Hopefully Liverpool can get an early goal and go from there.

Nah. It'll be a stroll in the park for Liverpool... Will be fun to watch the yeti on the sidelines telling Hayden to run faster then wondering why his masterplan isn't working.

Urgh, so it's back again. I feel pretty glum, got to say. Sorry, I know it's been said a billion times this summer, but on matchdays it really hits home how rubbish it is to feel nothing for your team. I'm not making a conscious choice to feel nothing. I'm not trying to make a point or intentionally try and resist any emotion; it's involuntary.

And because I'm approaching the whole thing basically as a neutral, all I've got are my views on two football clubs and my desire to see bad people get their comeuppance. One club is ambitious with a charismatic manager who's earned his position in the dugout of the European champions, and a group of players who play brilliant football. The other club has no desire to succeed, an owner with no respect for the club or the sport, and a manager who is untalented, undeserving and disingenuous. As for the team, it's likeable enough but inherently flawed. How am I supposed to root for the latter in this scenario, especially when the soul has been taken away meaning you can't even default to 'it's Newcastle therefore I support them whatever'?

I don't want either team to win but I'd feel some sense of satisfaction if one of them failed.