Success at what cost?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Football fans on Twitter really aren't the best people to pay attention to over this kind of thing.

Twitter is full of twats across the board, regardless of football. It's just the nature of the beast.

How about we set up a JustGiving page for NUFC fans to donate to Amnesty when the takeover is announced?

This way it can show that we do realise what is going on, do share concerns about human rights everywhere, and give Amnesty some funds?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I don’t think anyone has stuck up for them. More pointed out other bigger abusers of humanitarian rights who go almost unchallenged.

The concentration camps in China are abhorrent, their execution rate is multiples of the Saudis and yet it’s swept under the carpet. Amnesty International and everyone else are using the alleged takeover as an easy way of making news and unfortunately it appears it’s us the fans that are the fall guys in all of this.

I think everyone will admit there’s bigger fish to fry than the Saudis but they’re a harder target.

This post has proved the point of lots of folk posting in this thread.

"I'm not sticking up for the Saudis, but stop having a go at the Saudis cos they're buying my team. Look over here! Look over here!"

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/campaign/expose-chinese-camps

theres only one other state owned club in the premier league which as demonstrated they have kicked off about. Everybody else may include some distasteful people but I don't recall Abramovich or the Glazers bombing Yemen.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

That was after the owners were in place, shutting the gate after the horse had bolted. Plus it wasn't plastered everywhere like this seems to be, we're just getting dicked as usual.

Nobody publicly knew that takeover was taking place until it was announced...

There's no agenda against NUFC

Guest neesy111

That was after the owners were in place, shutting the gate after the horse had bolted. Plus it wasn't plastered everywhere like this seems to be, we're just getting dicked as usual.

Nobody publicly knew that takeover was taking place until it was announced...

There's no agenda against NUFC

Also, the media world was quite a bit different back then.  Twitter was only just in it's infancy then and sky sports news was probably the biggest player in terms of football media.

Guest neesy111

The reaction as much as the sin is making me increasingly conflicted on this. It’s amnesty ffs.

Same, it's making me dislike a lot of our fanbase as well when I said I would be apolitical on the matter.

The mag don’t have an editorial line and if you submit something it gets published. Have written some myself. Quality  varies 😄

Me too, mine was class mind.

Was it about pardew?  :tongue:

Amnesty have earned the right to talk about this stuff. That's the difference.

This isnt some loudmouth southern journalist looking for a cheap storyline.

When you see someone who has dedicated their whole life to this sort of thing, fair enough.