Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez and defender Aymeric Laporte have tested positive for Covid-19.

Algeria's Mahrez, 29, and Frenchman Laporte, 24, will not train with their team-mates while they self-isolate in line with UK government and Premier League rules.

Manchester City say neither player was displaying symptoms of coronavirus.

Pep Guardiola's side play Wolverhampton Wanderers in their first fixture of the new league season on 21 September.

• 2 weeks later...

Fan return is off.

Good news for NUFC ST holders.  :lol:

Makes you wonder how many places and sports clubs will go under? Can’t see fans getting back to matches and events this year.

Entire football league is running on fumes (or fewm in one special case).

Fan return is off.

Good news for NUFC ST holders.  :lol:

It shouldn’t be any surprise to anyone. At the start of this pandemic we all pretty much knew fans wouldn’t be allowed back into stadiums this calendar year. I honestly think this whole season will be without fans.

I’ve a had March 2021 as some sort of return to normal in my head since Easter so no great shock. Quite like the thought of football suffering but in truth it will only ever be the parts of football you wouldn’t wish ill on that will.

Aye, no fans at all the entire season.

All games on TV in that case?

they'd only committed to that for september so far as they'd hoped to have at least some fans in october so they could go back to normal for tv. As it stands beyond trying some club by club streaming service I don't see they have much of a choice 

I’ve a had March 2021 as some sort of return to normal in my head since Easter so no great shock. Quite like the thought of football suffering but in truth it will only ever be the parts of football you wouldn’t wish ill on that will.

even that may be optimistic tbh Spanish flu lasted for over two years all depends on a vaccine.