Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Who would this £15 per game go to, is it the home club or a central PL pot ? If it’s a central pot what happens to the money, does it just get distributed evenly across all 20 clubs ?

As per the fans are being expected to cough up, very dangerous times for the PL seems massively misjudged. On the plus side it couldn’t happen at a better time under Hoffman’s and Master’s watch.

Fulham/West Brom coming up this month. I'm sure everyone will be clamoring to pay £15 for that.

It's going to cost far more for fans of clubs like that who aren't going to be on TV as regularly. It absolutely stinks.

I’m likely missing something here but why is this happening? Surely with fans not being able to attend games the viewership per game is much higher. Where have the broadcasting companies lost out to justify putting games as ppv?

Guest Cheesy Beans

If they tried to justify it by saying the money earned from those games would be distributed amongst EFL clubs, I’d be for it. Sadly, they’re only interested in their own pockets. Again.

Guest Cheesy Beans

If anyone is daft enough to pay £15 to watch 2 s**** teams in an empty stadium with fake crowd noise then more fool them really.

A lot are happy to pay £10 for exactly that in a crap League Cup game.

I’m likely missing something here but why is this happening? Surely with fans not being able to attend games the viewership per game is much higher. Where have the broadcasting companies lost out to justify putting games as ppv?

I don't think it's the broadcasters who want this, they're benefiting because they're showing all the games but they've only paid for half of them. It's the Premier League (i.e. the clubs) wanting more money.

not the broadcasters apparently but the premier league not liking "giving away" the non televised games for nothing hell I'm sure sky/bt are loving the extra games

If anyone is daft enough to pay £15 to watch 2 s**** teams in an empty stadium with fake crowd noise then more fool them really.

Aye but at least they're attending the match in person for their tenner. For a huge % of the fanbase the actual match itself isn't a huge priority and plays second fiddle to having a few pints, meeting mates or simply just getting out the house.

Aye but at least they're attending the match in person for their tenner. For a huge % of the fanbase the actual match itself isn't a huge priority and plays second fiddle to having a few pints, meeting mates or simply just getting out the house.

He's talking about the Carabao streams this season.

Guest neesy111

It's a horrendous PR move from the PL and highlights the contempt they hold for supporters. I would wager that the 'Big 6' are being this.

I hope it backfires on all of the greedy bastards.

It would've needed a majority vote, so I suspect most clubs are in on this.