Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

I've already pretty much stated that in my post.

However, this is a pretty unique situation.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

So he can also influence the management and the players?

Doesn't have to, only has to be able to influence an owner.

Anyway, like I've said, the papers etc don't seem to think it's an issue. It's just, looking objectively, I fail to see how he doesn't have the ability to influence another (less powerful) prince. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Hopefully if it was an issue, he'd just influence the other prince to sell Sheff Utd though  :lol:

Edwards saying selling side saying price has not been agreed wtf man

The usual, same as always, lies from the Ashley side.

Simply . . . he has changed his mind, as usual !!!

If it's with the PL, he can't change his mind.

Wouldn't even surprise me if it was just one last wind up from Ashley's side, he loves it

It’s not even lies by Ashley’s side, it’s lies by Edwards.

Guest godzilla

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

I've already pretty much stated that in my post.

However, this is a pretty unique situation.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

So he can also influence the management and the players?

Doesn't have to, only has to be able to influence an owner.

Anyway, like I've said, the papers etc don't seem to think it's an issue. It's just, looking objectively, I fail to see how he doesn't have the ability to influence another (less powerful) prince. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Hopefully if it was an issue, he'd just influence the other prince to sell Sheff Utd though  :lol:

:thup:

It’s not even lies by Ashley’s side, it’s lies by Edwards.

It'll get him a fine amount of clicks though.

Guest chopey

Bank Holiday on Monday too. Looooong weekend for some on here

I thought it was Friday