Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If the PL approve it on Wednesday or later then it still might not be announced until the week after. Transfer of funds might take another 3-5 days so the wait could go on... not sure how much longer I can wait at this point. :lol:

It's not done.

I said "if".... :rolleyes:

Plus how do you know or are you just guessing ?

I know for a fact that, as of Friday night, the PL checks were still taking place.

Course you did

I do know that for a fact, actually. I spoke to one of this forum's favourite journalists about it. They said they spoke to the buyers side on Friday afternoon and everything was still with the PL.

Course you did

OK. I'm not entirely sure whether you're joking or just being difficult for the sake of it, so I'll let you mistakenly believe that the takeover is done. Enjoy.

Again , the poster didn’t say that, you seem to mis quote posters , please stop it.

Neither I or quoted poster said it was done, if we did please post it.You come across as a forum ITK dreamer .

No change.  Sale progressing as planned. Exact date tbc but expected within next 2 weeks.  Also expect a change of manager.

Progressing as planned? :lol: It’s still with the PL and nobody knows when they approve the deal.

Yep. As expected. It was estimated that PL would take this amount of time to clear as they are concentrating on a plan for the next 2 seasons.  It’s all still good news.

Thank you for the information that we already had.

There is zero chance anyone on here “knows anything” that’s true and are just putting guesses out.

Can I 100% back that up? No, just like the so called ITK can’t as currently they haven’t backed up the claims they make.Fucking annoying. :)

There is zero chance anyone on here “knows anything” that’s true and are just putting guesses out.

Can I 100% back that up? No, just like the so called ITK can’t as currently they haven’t backed up the claims they make.Fucking annoying. :)

Firstly, about 10 posts above the one I posted people were speculating saying “does anyone believe it’s done and just waiting for an announcement”. Then the post I quoted said “if it’s done”. I replied saying it isn’t done, and then proceeded to tell you the truth, as backed up by Wullie, about how I know beyond reasonable doubt that it isn’t done yet (at least not as of Friday night). There’s no claiming to be in the know...there’s just facts from the only journalists worth listening to.

Fucking bizarre thing to get het up over when you have RS and other posters in this thread regularly spouting any old bullshit that have no basis in fact at all.

But, go for it. Get pissy about someone sharing some info from a journalist. ?

Firstly, about 10 posts above the one I posted people were speculating saying “does anyone believe it’s done and just waiting for an announcement”. Then the post I quoted said “if it’s done”. I replied saying it isn’t done, and then proceeded to tell you the truth, as backed up by Wullie, about how I know beyond reasonable doubt that it isn’t done yet (at least not as of Friday night). There’s no claiming to be in the know...there’s just facts from the only journalists worth listening to.

Fucking bizarre thing to get het up over when you have RS and other posters in this thread regularly spouting any old bullshit that have no basis in fact at all.

But, go for it. Get pissy about someone sharing some info from a journalist. ?

Put it in the Positive Optimism Thread....no one will have a go at you there.

Guest Carrick18

BBC running the Khashoggi fiancé story for the third time, slightly different quote this time.

It’s almost as if some agency was releasing press releases on her behalf....

I don't care if it's Qatar releasing the story. It's one we should be discussing seriously. It's not enough to simply acknowledge wrong-doing. A man was murdered for criticising a regime. That does not deserve death.

Why should we ? It’s got nothing to do with football, if your going to attach the murder to the purchase of the club then also discuss it in relation to live nation, Warner brothers and other Saudi purchases.

No one is disputing the murder is horrendous, it’s the hypocrisy that the sale of nufc should be stopped whilst all these other deals go throughout without a murmur.

The one thing this deal won’t be stopped on is human rights, it would put the premier league at odds with the policy of the U.K. government.

What is blatantly happening here is human rights lawyers are using the high profile nature of this sale to gain publicity, as they know the Saudis buying stakes in other companies just doesn’t draw the same attention.

You can’t blame them for this as this is their job, however what I strongly object to is the notion that we should sacrifice the chance of a lifetime for our city and club, If this was blocked these same people would move on to their next cause and wouldn’t  give a s%#t about us.

So whilst I acknowledge and understand the human rights aspect, ths hypocrisy expecting us to be line drawn in the sand with Saudis doesn’t wash with me and many others.

The acceptance of people into football is the problem. Just because we've let bad people in before doesn't mean we should continue to allow it. I find the rhetroic around Khasoggi's widow and this story concerning. The use of the term 'gaining publicity' makes it sound like they're being opportunistic and acting in bad faith.

You talk about hypocrisy. We spent years lamenting Ashley's zero-hour contracts and his business practices, but now it's not about the owners wider interests and personal history?

If the region does gain significant investment I'll be pleased for those it helps, but I'm also never going to stop acknowledging the majority stake in our new ownership has committed some genuine atrocities, and I don't like the idea of someone like that owning my football club. Your perspective is essentially the desired outcome from sports washing. I'm not an expert on Saudi Arabia, maybe they are reforming, maybe they aren't, but part of that process is acknowledging the faults of the past.

Even the idea of 'sacrificing the chance of a life-time'. At what cost though? This isn't a sliding scale of twat-ness. One is not better than the other. States shouldn't be allowed to own clubs, and I don't like the idea of my club being used as a pawn in a much bigger play, even if it wins us a few FA Cups and puts us in the Champions League.

I'm well aware this is not a popular opinion. That was reinforced by how many quickly quoted and agreed with you, but that won't change that for me, I don't want them owning the club. And as much relief as I'll feel to see Ashley go, it will be replaced by an unease at who inherits the chair.

A class find on twitter about the Hairy One

Why is he so bitter about NUFC?

Jealousy mostly. Most pundits have got comfortable with the old guard of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal dominating English football, the idea of these clubs being threatened by a club from the extreme north probably makes them uncomfortable. Especially as they know we are a proper big club, not just a cute little upstart like Leicester who they never really took seriously.

BBC running the Khashoggi fiancé story for the third time, slightly different quote this time.

I don't care if it's Qatar releasing the story. It's one we should be discussing seriously. It's not enough to simply acknowledge wrong-doing. A man was murdered for criticising a regime. That does not deserve death.

Why should we ? It’s got nothing to do with football, if your going to attach the murder to the purchase of the club then also discuss it in relation to live nation, Warner brothers and other Saudi purchases.

No one is disputing the murder is horrendous, it’s the hypocrisy that the sale of nufc should be stopped whilst all these other deals go throughout without a murmur.

The one thing this deal won’t be stopped on is human rights, it would put the premier league at odds with the policy of the U.K. government.

What is blatantly happening here is human rights lawyers are using the high profile nature of this sale to gain publicity, as they know the Saudis buying stakes in other companies just doesn’t draw the same attention.

You can’t blame them for this as this is their job, however what I strongly object to is the notion that we should sacrifice the chance of a lifetime for our city and club, If this was blocked these same people would move on to their next cause and wouldn’t  give a s%#t about us.

So whilst I acknowledge and understand the human rights aspect, ths hypocrisy expecting us to be line drawn in the sand with Saudis doesn’t wash with me and many others.

The acceptance of people into football is the problem. Just because we've let bad people in before doesn't mean we should continue to allow it. I find the rhetroic around Khasoggi's widow and this story concerning. The use of the term 'gaining publicity' makes it sound like they're being opportunistic and acting in bad faith.

You talk about hypocrisy. We spent years lamenting Ashley's zero-hour contracts and his business practices, but now it's not about the owners wider interests and personal history?

If the region does gain significant investment I'll be pleased for those it helps, but I'm also never going to stop acknowledging the majority stake in our new ownership has committed some genuine atrocities, and I don't like the idea of someone like that owning my football club. Your perspective is essentially the desired outcome from sports washing. I'm not an expert on Saudi Arabia, maybe they are reforming, maybe they aren't, but part of that process is acknowledging the faults of the past.

Even the idea of 'sacrificing the chance of a life-time'. At what cost though? This isn't a sliding scale of twat-ness. One is not better than the other. States shouldn't be allowed to own clubs, and I don't like the idea of my club being used as a pawn in a much bigger play, even if it wins us a few FA Cups and puts us in the Champions League.

I'm well aware this is not a popular opinion. That was reinforced by how many quickly quoted and agreed with you, but that won't change that for me, I don't want them owning the club. And as much relief as I'll feel to see Ashley go, it will be replaced by an unease at who inherits the chair.

Your posts bring to mind that old terrace chant, "where were you when we were shit?"

I mean, you really signed up here to warn everybody that we should be careful what we wish for?

Guest Carrick18

Even the idea of 'sacrificing the chance of a life-time'. At what cost though? This isn't a sliding scale of t***-ness. One is not better than the other. States shouldn't be allowed to own clubs, and I don't like the idea of my club being used as a pawn in a much bigger play, even if it wins us a few FA Cups and puts us in the Champions League.

Your posts bring to mind that old terrace chant, "where were you when we were s***?"

I mean, you really signed up here to warn everybody that we should be careful what we wish for?

No. Because realistically, from a football side it's potentially about to get better than it has ever been. If anything, it's about to get a lot easier to ignore this aspect of it. And my argument is far-wider reaching and as much a critique of the league for it's shit testing and for allowing anyone with the money to join the Premier League.

Why don’t you fuck off and post in a politics forum? I’d go as far to say that you’ve never even set foot in SJP. Don’t get me wrong I’m conflicted, however I’m 69 now and would love to see the toon win a domestic trophy before I shuffle of my mortal coil. Give it a rest man.