Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Copyright infringement (i.e. piracy) is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so how could this breach the illegality part of the “fit and proper” persons test?

Because non-involvement in piracy is specifically part of passing that test.

Guest godzilla

Oh well, at least the buyers still remain confident eh. Although they haven't been very good with their predictions over the last few weeks (or years)  :lol:

You're absolutely desperate for it to fall through

The Premier League refused to comment when contacted by the Guardian. Sources close to the deal say they remain “very hopeful” of a confirmation this week and claim Project Restart is the only possible delaying factor.

I could be wrong, but has copy been added to the original Guardian story? I didn't catch the above bit the first time I read it, and it appears to be a very important caveat.

The buyers can hardly leak to the press that they think they'll fail though can they  :lol:

This isn't click bait (people do not click on stories like these) or poor journalism, it's actually good journalism and quite an important news story to break in relation to the takeover.

It also seems well sourced as it's being reported by many outlets now. Let's hope it doesn't change the outcome of the tests, but I'd expect any decision to be delayed now.

I don't get how the tests are still going though it's been 5 weeks! If it was ready to announce this week surely they were done

It's over if that's the case.

This bloke has bein sports in his twitter profile, as always important to know who’s view you are reading. As we know forces at work to stop this but I’m fairly confident this won’t be anything new.

Copyright infringement (i.e. piracy) is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so how could this breach the illegality part of the “fit and proper” persons test?

Because non-involvement in piracy is specifically part of passing that test.

What defines involvement? This could end up being the mother of all legal battles...