Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Were people seriously getting hyped about a Sheffield United decision that was made 7 months ago? Fuck me

Was it made 7 months ago though? Why would he become a person with significant control and then be made no longer a person of significant control on the same day.

What a crock of shit. It's infuriating how even established and talented journalists will gather their intel from a cross-section of the most vocal Twitter users and broadly label that unreliable sample as 'the fans' opinion.' Fucking stupid.

Make a planewatch thread lads. This is dire.

We don't always agree, but LV is 100% right here.  :lol:

Fuck me, it's been painful reading this guff.

The amount of spin-off threads this takeover is creating is incredible. :lol:

Make a planewatch thread lads. This is dire.

We don't always agree, but LV is 100% right here.  :lol:

Fuck me, it's been painful reading this guff.

:lol: it’s good to agree on something

I just don’t see how other clubs have any say at all in this.

because the premier league is a members club and everyone has an equal say on things (hence the problems in deciding anything about how a restart will work)

They don’t.

It has been clickbait from the papers.

Giving them a say would be giving them an influence on other clubs, which is not allowed. On top of that, in principle every takeover is designed to improve each team, so if others had a say on it, then every takeover would be banned.

because the premier league is a members club and everyone has an equal say on things (hence the problems in deciding anything about how a restart will work)

Yeah but they don’t get a say in who owns another club surely.

Yeah but they don’t get a say in who owns another club surely.

maybe not a direct say (I have no idea how they run things) but to pretend having some clubs expressing concerns or whatever would have no influence on the process is naive. Doubt its much out of concern of oh no super rich dude is coming in and more negative pr from being even remotely associated with SA and the piracy issue