Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

He's asking the PL to hurry up and make their decision, no? Charnley and Ashley can't give Bruce that answer.

He's asking for clarity. If he wants it, he asks Ashley to ask the PL. That's the only way the information flows. I don't know what is gained by him mentioning it to the media unless Ashley, via him, is trying to put pressure on by becoming publicly vocal.

He's just asked the premier league to hurry up. There's nothing more to it. Not really sure why you're making an issue out of it.

I didn't realise that I was making an issue out of it.

Just though I would pass comment as I find it intriguing that Bruce is asking the PL via the media when his boss has a direct line to them.

I Imagine he is desperate to know whether he stays or goes. If he goes he will want to know as soon as possible in order to find other employment as his stack will be high with a lot of Championship clubs after keeping us up (how he has I still don't know to this day mind).

Fair play to him also for coming out. Even though I want him gone as soon as possible, it's good to see someone finally having the balls to tell it as it is.

Guest reefatoon

The premier league will spit their dummy out about that. No way are they going to be told what to do. Guaranteed to sit on it for a further month now just to show everybody.

Fair play to him also for coming out. Even though I want him gone as soon as possible, it's good to see a someone finally having the balls to tell it as it is.

This is why i'm intrigued because it feels like him asking in public is something that might piss Ashley off because it would suggest that Ashley isn't keeping him informed.

Guest godzilla

Fair play to him also for coming out. Even though I want him gone as soon as possible, it's good to see a someone finally having the balls to tell it as it is.

This is why i'm intrigued because it feels like him asking in public is something that might p*ss Ashley off because it would suggest that Ashley isn't keeping him informed.

Think he knows Ashley has currently washed his hand of everything.

This is why i'm intrigued because it feels like him asking in public is something that might p*ss Ashley off because it would suggest that Ashley isn't keeping him informed.

I think your reading to much into it. Ashley might have a line to premier league but they’ll have told him it’s still under consideration.

Bruce is simply frustrated as we are and is urging them to hurry up, or more likely trying to deflect from that shit show on the pitch tonight.

I think your reading to much into it. Ashley might have a line to premier league but they’ll have told him it’s still under consideration.

Bruce is simply frustrated as we are and is urging them to hurry up, or more likely trying to deflect from that shit show on the pitch tonight.

Aye, you're probably right, I most likely am. Guess I'm just looking for something, anything, as an indication as to what's going on.

Guest godzilla

The premier league will spit their dummy out about that. No way are they going to be told what to do. Guaranteed to sit on it for a further month now just to show everybody.

I think it will be this week we find out either way. Just my opinion.

I think it will be this week we find out either way. Just my opinion.

For everyone’s sanity I hope your right.

Caulkins tweet about documents moving was interesting, though he didn’t expand that would seem to suggest things are moving.

I know, I know but please fu#%ing god.

Is it on record that ashley has spoken to bruce, ever?

I’d take a rejection at this point just so we can move on. I’m starting to wonder if that’s what the PL plan is. Make us all sick and tired of waiting so long we just want it over with. Bit like brexit fatigue, in the end many remainders were so sick and tired of it all they just wanted it to end and push it through. PL have seen it can work for something as big as that then why not a takeover?

PS - 2 weeks now since Miguel Delaney voiced his opinion on us, but he hasn’t been told off or owt.  :razz:

I’d take a rejection at this point just so we can move on. I’m starting to wonder if that’s what the PL plan is. Make us all sick and tired of waiting so long we just want it over with. Bit like brexit fatigue, in the end many remainders were so sick and tired of it all they just wanted it to end and push it through. PL have seen it can work for something as big as that then why not a takeover?

PS - 2 weeks now since Miguel Delaney voiced his opinion on us, but he hasn’t been told off or owt.  :razz:

Absolutely not a rejection means I’m finished for good.

What do you think this club looks like post rejection, with less money and an even less interested owner ?

Though I’ve flagged at times, my resolve for this to happen has not diminished one bit.

There is no club worth supporting post rejection in my opinion.

Absolutely not a rejection means I’m finished for good.

What do you think this club looks like post rejection, with less money and an even less interested owner ?

Though I’ve flagged at times, my resolve for this to happen has not diminished one bit.

There is no club worth supporting post rejection in my opinion.

I said that after last summer, yet here I am. I totally walked away from football for several months as well, my longest spell since a kid, but needed this place for other reasons and ended up back in. Not as in as I was (which has been slowly dying over the last decade) but still in. This takeover has got my going again and it will be a crushing blow. I don’t think the PL would be arsed if you walked away, they wouldn’t be arsed if we all walked away and we folded as there is another club ready to take our place, and it’s this arrogance from them which sees them treat fans with such contempt. That aside, the club will be sold this year, Ashley wants out, I do believe other buyers are ready, but they’ll all be less favourable than this one in terms of finance and will come with lots of stipulations, including leaving Ashley’s cancerous claws lodged in to our spine. Really it depends if that version is enough for you or not, it probably is for me once the disappointment of this one subsides.

I've said it before, after Rafa left, but this time I'm DONE for real if this doesn't go through.

The takeover is the only thing that's brought be back , if it goes into the new season and fans are back i still wouldn't go untill he has gone

Gotta be today hasnt it?

Would like to think so, but I'd settle for this week.  George's tweet about documents being moved around and dialogue taking place would suggest that it's being finalised one way or the other.  Hopefully it's positive.