Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If someone had told me 14 weeks ago, that this would still be going on in mid July without a yea or nay either way, I would have laughed in their face. Now, I just cry ? and I’m fed up with it all.

FFS Make a decision!!  :rant:

It’s got another 14 weeks to go, we’ve just passed the halfway mark.

It's baffling how quiet it is now. No more rumours,  no more media interest, nothing. It feels like nothing is happening. Regarding summer transfers it's urgent to seal the takeover, but it seems there's just no effort from PL to seal this quickly.

Guest Gazibaldi

I hear they let Liverpool win the League early so as to ensure there would be no mass end of the season celebrations around Anfield....

Some absurd theories man :lol:

The PL cannot stop or keep it from being announced, which we’ll find out from companies house, movement of shares etc. in SD anyway, regardless.

The hyperbolic shite that spews from your fingertips is no better than any of the theories presented here tbf. Reality is, Masters got told off on a live stream because of the way they didn't plan for Liverpool fans congregating at Anfield after they won. This is a fact. Whether he and his team could have done anything about it is irrelevant. The optics were bad for him. He will not want that to happen again. Newcastle Council will not want a mass gathering when/if this goes ahead. The best they can mitigate that is to at least plan ahead and assume if they wait till the season ends, there possibly maybe a subset of fans who are no longer as concerned about football as as when the season was running. They may celebrate at home as oppose to coming to the ground. Whether that is true or not is not really the point. They cover their arses by putting that forward as a potential reduction in risk.

But continue your belief that councils/governments don't give a shit about the optics of huge mass gatherings and will just say, 'nah, announce whenever you desire. It's only a little flu, no one really gives a shit'.

I also never said the pl are 'stopping' them announcing. They can work with the PL/local council to make the announcement as least impactful as possible.

On the last point. Can someone tell me what SD share price has to do with the sale of Newcastle United? Are St.James Holdings shares linked in any way to SD? SJH is a private company so shares can be shifted at any point without fear of insider trading can't they? Honest question.

I hear they let Liverpool win the League early so as to ensure there would be no mass end of the season celebrations around Anfield....

Some absurd theories man :lol:

The PL cannot stop or keep it from being announced, which we’ll find out from companies house, movement of shares etc. in SD anyway, regardless.

The hyperbolic shite that spews from your fingertips is no better than any of the theories presented here tbf. Reality is, Masters got told off on a live stream because of the way they didn't plan for Liverpool fans congregating at Anfield after they won. This is a fact. Whether he and his team could have done anything about it is irrelevant. The optics were bad for him. He will not want that to happen again. Newcastle Council will not want a mass gathering when/if this goes ahead. The best they can mitigate that is to at least plan ahead and assume if they wait till the season ends, there possibly maybe a subset of fans who are no longer as concerned about football as as when the season was running. They may celebrate at home as oppose to coming to the ground. Whether that is true or not is not really the point. They cover their arses by putting that forward as a potential reduction in risk.

But continue your belief that councils/governments don't give a shit about the optics of huge mass gatherings and will just say, 'nah, announce whenever you desire. It's only a little flu, no one really gives a shit'.

I also never said the pl are 'stopping' them announcing. They can work with the PL/local council to make the announcement as least impactful as possible.

On the last point. Can someone tell me what SD share price has to do with the sale of Newcastle United? Are St.James Holdings shares linked in any way to SD? SJH is a private company so shares can be shifted at any point without fear of insider trading can't they? Honest question.

Are you seriously suggesting people are going to gather at SJP to celebrate a takeover?! haha

Quite honestly the horse has bolted on fans gathering outside the stadium. People are going to beaches, going to pubs, Liverpool have had their fans gather outside their stadium for winning the title, and the country has seen protests for various reasons in the last few months. We are now hearing that we should go out and spend money and are being offered financial incentives to eat out from the government next month. Fans gathering outside SJP is no longer an issue, if it even was.

The Man City game was not an issue either, nor would we be waiting for until after we play Spurs and Liverpool.

The only reason why we have not had an announcement is because the deal is not completed, be that still waiting for the Premier League, or waiting for the final documents and funds to be sorted.

Or possibly they're waiting to see if they have given them it?

Eh? How can the PL be waiting to see if the PL have recieved something? They just check the post surely?

The only nugget of consolation, is that I think MA would have been making a lot of noise if there was a statement. If no progress was being made whatsoever, he would have kicked up a fuss or even pulled put of the deal on the grounds it was hurting his business. Not that he gives a fuck.