Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Sorry but nothing anyone says can convince me it's 'done' in any form until its approved. If it doesn't get approved, we are still owned by Mike Ashley, therefore, it's not done.

Seems fairly straightforward, I get that the owner and potential owners have agreed everything that's needed, but until it's approved and the money is paid, it's not done.

Yeah it is legally binding apparently but if PL says no we're back to square 1. Mike ashley could sell the club to PIF anyway but we'd not be allowed in the premier league, thus a) massively diminishing the clubs value and b) why would PIF want us?

Yeah it is legally binding apparently but if PL says no we're back to square 1. Mike ashley could sell the club to PIF anyway but we'd not be allowed in the premier league, thus a) massively diminishing the clubs value and b) why would PIF want us?

Well yeah, if the PL says no there obviously is no takeover.

Guest godzilla

Well yeah, if the PL says no there obviously is no takeover.

There is no excuse whatsoever that they shouldn't have made a decision set on criteria for the D&O test after a staggering 16 weeks. I said weeks ago they were taking the piss now it's just plain incompetence.

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them).

It was done a long time ago but isn't approved?

Not sure how that works.

It really isn't done like.

It was done a long time ago, contracts exchanged, Ashley sold to the Reubens/PIF/Staveley, but the governing body of the sport needs to 'approve' the commercially already done deal, before our owners can play football in their league.

That is why approval was always definite, as the PL cannot change history, but they are extracting as much as they can from the deal, while they have this period of 'leverage'.

That's an incredible spin on it like. It's wrong though. The "commercially already done deal" is dependent on the PL signing it off. If they don't sign it off, the deal doesn't happen. That's nothing to do with changing history.

It's not 'spin' its is simple fact.

The deal has been done, which is why it has taken the Premier League (because they KNOW the deal is done) so very long to issue their approval, as it is their one and only opportunity to get what they feel they need from the deal.

This reality will be made clear, no doubt, in the "post approval" announcements.

I'm trying to follow your logic here, so bear with me.

You seem to be suggesting the deal for Mike Ashley to sell NUFC to the PIF/PCP/RB consortium has been finalised. You also seem to be rejecting the notion that that deal is "subject to PL approval".

By that logic, why have an O&D test? Just sign the contracts, and the PL can't do anything?

Alternatively, if the deal is not subject to PL approval, and the PL rejects the PIF/PCP/RB takeover, then wouldn't the consortium be obligated to complete the purchase of NUFC, but not be given approval to play in the Premier League? They would have shelled out for nothing more than the registration of the players, and the training ground

That is why I say, and have always said "PL Approval is inevitable", even though they are 'using' the process to deal with as many Saudi-related problems that they can, hence the delay.

No Saudi sponsor then

Well that's very strange if the takeover is still on. Which if this news is anything to go by it may not be.

All the news from the last week has been ominous, despite a section of fans wanting to spin anything as a positive.

No Saudi sponsor then

Well that's very strange if the takeover is still on. Which if this news is anything to go by it may not be.

Been exhaustively discussed already on this thread. This has no impact on the Takeover.

Wow, people are really getting their knick**s in a twist over the least bit of 'imagined bad news'.

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them). This is a huge "one-off" situation for them to ensure future monies and to avoid future Middle East Piracy.

C A L M . . .

:lol:

It's clearly not done ffs

I think this has been carefully worded. Previously these deals would be announced as shirt sponsor, this just says primary partner. It may well be if the Saudis take over that over time fun 88 are demoted to training kit/sleeve sponsor.

Wow, people are really getting their knick**s in a twist over the least bit of 'imagined bad news'.

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them). This is a huge "one-off" situation for them to ensure future monies and to avoid future Middle East Piracy.

C A L M . . .

:lol:

It's clearly not done ffs

I can't 'force' you !!!

No Saudi sponsor then

All the news from the last week has been ominous, despite a section of fans wanting to spin anything as a positive.

The fans who spin everything as positive are no more or less tedious than the fans who spin everything as negative, fwiw.

It's a nice balance to a section of fans wanting to spin anything as a negative tbh :aww:

No Saudi sponsor then

What news in the last week?

Nothing has changed, the Takeover is done (a long time ago now) the Premier League are getting as much out of it as they can from the Saudi's before it is approved (and I don't blame them).

It was done a long time ago but isn't approved?

Not sure how that works.

It really isn't done like.

It was done a long time ago, contracts exchanged, Ashley sold to the Reubens/PIF/Staveley, but the governing body of the sport needs to 'approve' the commercially already done deal, before our owners can play football in their league.

That is why approval was always definite, as the PL cannot change history, but they are extracting as much as they can from the deal, while they have this period of 'leverage'.

That's an incredible spin on it like. It's wrong though. The "commercially already done deal" is dependent on the PL signing it off. If they don't sign it off, the deal doesn't happen. That's nothing to do with changing history.

It's not 'spin' its is simple fact.

The deal has been done, which is why it has taken the Premier League (because they KNOW the deal is done) so very long to issue their approval, as it is their one and only opportunity to get what they feel they need from the deal.

This reality will be made clear, no doubt, in the "post approval" announcements.

I'm trying to follow your logic here, so bear with me.

You seem to be suggesting the deal for Mike Ashley to sell NUFC to the PIF/PCP/RB consortium has been finalised. You also seem to be rejecting the notion that that deal is "subject to PL approval".

By that logic, why have an O&D test? Just sign the contracts, and the PL can't do anything?

Alternatively, if the deal is not subject to PL approval, and the PL rejects the PIF/PCP/RB takeover, then wouldn't the consortium be obligated to complete the purchase of NUFC, but not be given approval to play in the Premier League? They would have shelled out for nothing more than the registration of the players, and the training ground

That is why I say, and have always said "PL Approval is inevitable", even though they are 'using' the process to deal with as many Saudi-related problems that they can, hence the delay.

You're right in that the PL cannot stop Newcastle being bought by PIF. That's a private sale of a private company.

However the PL absolutely CAN stop Newcastle competing in the Premier League next year. That's what the O&Ds' test is for, not for ownership of Newcastle United. The point is though, PIF have always known the O&Ds' test can stop a newly-aquired club competing in the PL so will have clauses regarding the purchase in for the eventuality they fail the test, so effectively the test does determine ownership because nobody would want to own a club banned from the PL.