Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

You know for a fact though, if the Nazis were around today and they bought a Premier League club, their fans would 100% be out in force on Twitter with "What about Abramovich though?" :lol:

Until we went to war with them.

You know for a fact though, if the Nazis were around today and they bought a Premier League club, their fans would 100% be out in force on Twitter with "What about Abramovich though?" :lol:

:lol: :lol:

And I'm out

The Saudis bomb civilians and execute journalists man, it's not that ridiculous a comparison!

It really should be, this is a football forum, we shouldn't be talking about fucking foreign policy. But this is where we inevitably end up when governments are allowed to buy our football clubs.

Saying Saudi isn't really that bad will make us sound like complete newly bribed idiots. Being happy for getting rid of Ashley will not. Keep those things separated. Even though Qatar and Saudi are running sportswashing campaigns, doesn't mean supporters either have to support the regime or run a boycot ffs. You don't have to say Harvey Weinstein is innocent just because you enjoy a Miramax-movie.   

We sat back with the rest of the UN and let mass genocide happen in the Bosnia and the Balkans, and Rwanda, sat back watched it happen.

China executes thousands of it's own citizens every year. Russia with their invasion of Ukraine. There's loads of countries you could add to a list of unsuitability.

The rights and wrongs are there for everyone to see, should it be matter when it comes to sport ?

Saudi Arabia is changing for the better, and fairly rapidly, should that be taken in to account ?

I don't know, is it OK ? No one is ever going to be happy.

Selfishly getting rid of the animal who owns us, from the Purgatory we're in is welcome. Personally i wish it was someone with cleaner CV, but it is what it is.

First post on here (been an observer for years)

Most of us don’t give a toss what’s happened in Saudi, we  just want our club back. When Europe’s nights are back in Newcastle and I go back to getting a season ticket I will be over the moon.

Guest Howaythetoon

And I'm out

The Saudis bomb civilians and execute journalists man, it's not that ridiculous a comparison!

It really should be, this is a football forum, we shouldn't be talking about fucking foreign policy. But this is where we inevitably end up when governments are allowed to buy our football clubs.

Our own government are more closer in terms of their own ill deeds in relation to the Saudis than they themselves are to Nazi Germany, totally crazy comparison. Not defending them, but howay man.

Mind if they start gassing all mackems and stewards become the SS and only blonde blue eyed fans can get in... I might have to ear a wig!

Guest Howaythetoon

That's fair. I meant more in terms of the most awful people on the planet to be owned by, we're not far off the top of the table. It doesn't feel good to me.

I agree, but as long as good people are running it, that can make all the difference. Basically they might be the owner/majority stakeholder, but in reality all NUFC is to them is a vehicle in which they can inject their wealth into.

In sporting terms that can translate to success, off the field, miles away from the game their stake is no different to their stake in say Uber. Now if their prince or whatever he is was running the club day to day, the manager or an actual player, I’d want them out full stop.

Good or well intentioned people will run the club for them though and effectively be using their wealth to do good, for their own interests and the club’s in the same way Rafa returning would, using their money no differently.

They are using their money to invest in an asset, an asset that in reality has nowt to do with how they rule, their human rights crimes or even who they are. Same as when we sell them arms, money which we need and use to better (well...) our own situation.

It doesn’t sit easily either way, but it’s less harder to go along with than say if they were ruling our country. Mind Boris and co have the same horns and are the devil too. They just happen to be white, not Muslim and British.

Me, if I’m going to get back into following my club, I’ll liken our owners to a bank, as long as we have good people running it all, they are running the show. We had Ashley, a cunt, but while we had Rafa, a good person, I could accept things. I didn’t go because I don’t want to put money into Ashley, but I wanted the manager and players to do well.

My money now, seriously, I don’t think it would matter, my support on the other hand and me again accepting good people trying to do good by our club for not just business reasons...

Players don’t just join for the love of playing, they join for money. Give their all, do their best, I support that even if they are shit, and hey, good luck to them getting whatever they get paid.

It’s a tough one on every level though, of course.

Again, I’m undecided. I’ve fell out of love with the club and game that much I don’t think I want to go to games, but would I love to see my club be successful and my club be the best it can? Fuck hell yeah. But only if it’s run by good people though. Saudis with Big Sam? Nah. Ashley with Pardew. Nah. Saudis with Rafa. OK. Ashley with Rafa or Hughton. OK.

Ashley Ashley Ashley long term every time, every day, every way, nah, I’d rather go and watch the rucking mackems seriously.

That's fair. I meant more in terms of the most awful people on the planet to be owned by, we're not far off the top of the table. It doesn't feel good to me.

And that’s why they want us to enhance their reputation. Roman Abramovich was very notorious before owning Chelsea.

And I'm out

uhhhhhhh

:lol: exactly man

it's a rabbit hole that if you go down it you'll never get out alive, best just eat whatever is about and not chase the rabbit

And that’s why they want us to enhance their reputation. Roman Abramovich was very notorious before owning Chelsea.

as what? i knew he was a crook but was he murdering folk or summit?

Guest Howaythetoon

We do the same...

Just with a different cape.

We are Superman they are Lex Luther.

Or we are Ashley to, nah fuck it :D Rabbit hole indeed!

We sat back with the rest of the UN and let mass genocide happen in the Bosnia and the Balkans, and Rwanda, sat back watched it happen.

China executes thousands of it's own citizens every year. Russia with their invasion of Ukraine. There's loads of countries you could add to a list of unsuitability.

The rights and wrongs are there for everyone to see, should it be matter when it comes to sport ?

Saudi Arabia is changing for the better, and fairly rapidly, should that be taken in to account ?

I don't know, is it OK ? No one is ever going to be happy.

Selfishly getting rid of the animal who owns us, from the Purgatory we're in is welcome. Personally i wish it was someone with cleaner CV, but it is what it is.

That’s not true though is it?

Tbf to Wullie, none of the other contenders for the title of most evil are about to buy our football club.

His post could have been made in any thread regardless of context. Had nowt to do with the purchase. The regimes are only comparable because someone has to be the worst at any given moment. Like saying NUFC are the north east team closest to Liverpool in quality. Okay, sure. But we're still fucking light years behind, it's just a technically true statement that's unproductive.