Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

On the assumption that the Amnesty International and BeIN Sports complaints are actually about what they have presented themselves about (i.e. human rights and piracy) then both organisations are missing a massive opportunity by protesting the sale of NUFC to PIF, hence they are massively misplaying the situation.

To my knowledge, there are no large-scale, populist calls within Saudi Arabia to improve their human rights situation or to reduce media piracy.  Indeed I suspect, without doing any real research on Saudi Arabia specifically but having observed related matters in other authoritarian regimes, that within Saudi Arabia any criticism of their human rights practices or media piracy is spun to be about external agencies attempting to interfere in the lives of Saudis and consequently it becomes a matter of populist, nationalist pride to tell Amnesty International and BeIN Sports to eff-off (in arabic).  As long as Amnesty International and BeIN Sports maintains their current objections it will only increase the inclination of Saudis to ignore their message.

The opportunity being missed here by Amnesty International and BeIN Sports is to endorse the sale of NUFC to PIF and to then run human rights and anti-piracy messaging, about Saudi Arabia, in a form that gets it seen within Saudi Arabia.  Whilst the Saudi leadership can prevent some forms of advertising reaching their people, they can not stop it entirely.  Using the Premier League as a conveyor of anti-piracy and human rights messages, e.g. via pitch-side advertisements at NUFC away games, would yield far better results.  Leaders change their attitudes to reflect the desires of their people, if they don't they become despotic and risk a populist uprising - if Amnesty International and BeIN Sports used the Premier League to get messages into the Saudi people, this is more likely to cause the Saudi leadership to change attitudes than direct attacks on those leaders and their investments.

I don't think trying to get a message to the Saudi people via pitchside advertising at Goodison, in the hopes that it brings about widespread societal change is a realistic strategy for stopping dodgy streams of your tv channel.

3 separate articles on news now from daily mail, each one sticking the knife in. They practically let that t#%t from fair square right an article. I wouldn’t care if his main point was human rights, however he’s trying to use the sheff u conflict of influence angle.

Let no one be in any doubt these f£@#rs will try anything to stop this, how anyone nufc can even emphasise with them is beyond me.

It's the Daily Mail, how could you in the first place?

No idea mate just like torturing myself at the min (no Saudi pun intended )

To quote the great man himself before signing off

Don't ever give up on your club.

Keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me, one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.” - Kevin Keegan

Are we getting it back now or with the next owner?

The Staveley bid will feel as close to getting club back as we could achieve. It’s already documented she’s engaged locally with certain people. They appear keen to engage with previous players and bring them back into club. Staveley has already used Man City as an example of how they have invested in local regeneration as an example of what she would like to do. Just imagine that millions being pumped into local regeneration, the impact on the city post Coronavirus would be enormous.

And finally fans like me who haven’t been for years due to the current parasite, would feel able to return to St James.

So yeah apart from fan ownership that would pretty much feel like having my club back.

Guest reefatoon

The sun is out, the sky is blue. Let’s go crazy and have an early Sunday announcement. What a day it would be.

It's the Staveley takover or nothing for me. I am not interested in what any other party have to offer and neither will I put myself through the emotional ringer for yet more weeks and months by checking the internet for "progress" updates of the next farce.

Before this all kicked off a couple of weeks ago my interest in football was zero and in NUFC very little more than that. I was checking in to this place no more than twice a week and the lockdown had made me realise that I was truly ready to walk away from it all for good. The delirium of the last fortnight has pulled me right back in again but if this falls through then I will be even more bitter than I was just over two weeks ago and that will truly be the final straw. I wont watch a game of English football ever again.

It's a PIF takeover or bust and I suspect many will be saying the same. I have nothing to prove as a NUFC supporter....been going since 1984 and have had all of the football-related despair that one person can take. This falls through and thats me over the edge and not coming back.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

This

Guest chopey

It's the Staveley takover or nothing for me. I am not interested in what any other party have to offer and neither will I put myself through the emotional ringer for yet more weeks and months by checking the internet for "progress" updates of the next farce.

Before this all kicked off a couple of weeks ago my interest in football was zero and in NUFC very little more than that. I was checking in to this place no more than twice a week and the lockdown had made me realise that I was truly ready to walk away from it all for good. The delirium of the last fortnight has pulled me right back in again but if this falls through then I will be even more bitter than I was just over two weeks ago and that will truly be the final straw. I wont watch a game of English football ever again.

It's a PIF takeover or bust and I suspect many will be saying the same. I have nothing to prove as a NUFC supporter....been going since 1984 and have had all of the football-related despair that one person can take. This falls through and thats me over the edge and not coming back.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

This

I agree, this season if finished but imagine starting the new season and Bruce Charnley and Ashley are still there

Must admit I’m all in on Staveley , can’t contemplate anything else now.

That sounds a bit creepy and sexual

She is a bit cute  :naughty:

Dated PrinceAndrew in 2003 apparently.  Obviously a poor judge of character

A career stepping stone.

I didn’t realise she’s that young  :laugh:

the one thing i'd say about the "it's staveley or nothing for me" type posts is that at least she's from the region and has shown determination and willingness to get the club out of ashleys grubby paws

feel like that deserves rewarding on some level personally and hope she succeeds on that basis