Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The PL have already passed the test on the relevant people, all that is holding this up is a money issue and i have no idea why.

Could be mike fucking about

Could be money taking time to transfer.

Could be both.......

Nobody has confirmed that the tests were completed or passed.

I have done no such thing.

Get a load of Odin mark II over here  :lol:

Imagine us all just sat here on tenterhooks for weeks on end then eventually just forgetting about it like the BZG one. :lol: All of a sudden it's October and Ashley's still here.

TBF, most of us trust Caulkin with about as much trust which is possible. He says the checks are nearly done, he says the takeover is nearly done, so we are good.

Yorkie, I know you arent been particularly serious.  :lol: Just dont joke, I'm delicate.

Some right over-emotional nonsense in this thread today like.

There is literally nothing to suggest that this won’t go through. All reputable journalists say it will. Stavely, via Caulkin, hasn’t said anything to the contrary, so as far as I can see it’s literally a matter of time.

Just chill the fuck out 😁

The only good thing that will come from this dragging out and falling through is that it's got our minds off the virus thing.  Here we are almost 6 weeks into an illegal imprisonment and we've hardly batted an eyelid.

The PL have already passed the test on the relevant people, all that is holding this up is a money issue and i have no idea why.

Could be both.......

DKfvvb6VYAAxrbC?format=jpg&name=small

You, sir, just shot up massively in my estimation. THEY’RE HAVING IT OFF

This Jason Burt fella at the telegraph does seem itk. It was him who broke story about papers being filed with prem league in first place. He obviously has some source there feeding him info, I think the positive being that his article tonight expects this to still go through and it’s only been delayed days.

I would imagine prem league are checking there’s no way Bein can cancel deal if they chuck toys out of pram when this goes through. I would imagine they pay 500 mill over 3 years and this where the concern is, as other prem clubs would hoy a wobbler if they lost tv income at this time.

Ultimately though even if this was case I still can’t see how they can legally block our takeover as it would be very difficult to link pif directly to piracy.

Could be both.......

DKfvvb6VYAAxrbC?format=jpg&name=small

You, sir, just shot up massively in my estimation. THEY’RE HAVING IT OFF

Beats shooting up in your bathroom I suppose.

I would imagine it's nowt to do with bein and more to do with the standard takeover/checks process.

The telegraph article specifically states that it is the Bein issue that has complicated matters and is only obstacle. But as stated in article they do not expect it to prevent takeover.

This Jason Burt fella at the telegraph does seem itk. It was him who broke story about papers being filed with prem league in first place. He obviously has some source there feeding him info, I think the positive being that his article tonight expects this to still go through and it’s only been delayed days.

I would imagine prem league are checking there’s no way Bein can cancel deal if they chuck toys out of pram when this goes through. I would imagine they pay 500 mill over 3 years and this where the concern is, as other prem clubs would hoy a wobbler if they lost tv income at this time.

Ultimately though even if this was case I still can’t see how they can legally block our takeover as it would be very difficult to link pif directly to piracy.

I read that article too. He seems to think the delay is due to the Premier League legally covering itself in regard to beIN's piracy complaint.

They have a contract so would still have to pay for the seasons left (leaving aside any potential missed games due to Covid-19), it's what happens when that contract ends, hopefully the rumours about the Saudis fighting for the rights will keep clubs from kicking off too much

The PL will have been waiting for this move from the Saudi's for months, probably even years. They're not daft, they know exactly what and whom they're dealing with and if they've not said 'no' after about a month then they're not going to. It is dragging on a bit, yeah but they've had all of the evidence and objections and they've still not said no. If they didn't want anything to do with the Saudi's then they'd have fucked them off a while back. The fact is they do want the influx of cash into the division and country, it's blatantly obvious.

Just sit tight and be patient. 

I think Henry Winter also implied other clubs had raised concerns. Let’s not kid ourselves there’ll be a lot of jealousy and self interest going on here from other clubs. I agree prem league are covering their backs at this time, but I’m very confident this will go through in next few days.

I would imagine it's nowt to do with bein and more to do with the standard takeover/checks process.

The telegraph article specifically states that it is the Bein issue that has complicated matters and is only obstacle. But as stated in article they do not expect it to prevent takeover.

Let's suppose the piracy issues are actually anything to do with PIF or their director, the premier league already knew of beins issues with the Saudis, I doubt it's added a couple of days on as it would be one of the first things they'd look into.

The tests are being carried out on PIF, reubens, staveley as far as I'm aware. Not the Saudi state.

I think Henry Winter also implied other clubs had raised concerns. Let’s not kid ourselves there’ll be a lot of jealousy and self interest going on here from other clubs. I agree prem league are covering their backs at this time, but I’m very confident this will go through in next few days.

George Caulkin is the only journalist you need to listen to.

Ignore everyone else.