Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Can’t remember what bloke said it on the chat there, but whoever made the point that this will be the final straw for the majority of fans is bang on. Even those who’ve continued to go under Bruce, I think they’d be finished with it all as well. This is such a huge event in the club’s history, after so many false dawns I think another would be the final nail in the clubs coffin.

No chance, they'll keep coming no matter what imo.

Exactly. We've had as many final straws as takeover attempts. Yes, maybe pockets of people do pack it in but overall give it a few weeks and rationalisation, justification or whatever you want to call it kicks in and we're back on track.

As the original post mentions, Bruce is the perfect example. People have continued to go after we've actively replaced Benitez with Bruce.

Not sure about those in favour of the takeover attending these events. Just brings more attention on the dissenting voices by legitamising the event by having pro takeover voices present and making it a debate. Rather let them shout into the abyss on their own and not shine a light on it.

The hour or so I heard was well balanced and pretty much as good as it gets from a fans perspective. Some great points for and against and some good points about excessive targeting of the club and fans in comparison to other clubs/sports.

Those comments definitely don't seem as confident as the 'it will be done' from last week.

'issue that wasn't anticipated at the start of last week' is worrying to me.

Sounds like a concern but not going to shit the bed, just have to wait and see how this plays out now.

Nah it's all good, these things take time especially during the current situation I'd imagine. 

I'm a usual bed wetter when it comes to these things, but not now, I'm confident it's going to be done, sealed & delivered in the coming two weeks.

Yeah, the Bin Zayed one never reached this stage.

I'm still supremely confident this will fall flat on its face because we're not allowed nice things, but this is the furthest a bid has ever gotten.

Guest godzilla

Those comments definitely don't seem as confident as the 'it will be done' from last week.

'issue that wasn't anticipated at the start of last week' is worrying to me.

Sounds like a concern but not going to s*** the bed, just have to wait and see how this plays out now.

Got to admit his comments certainly don't seem as confident as last week that's for sure. We will just have to wait and see as we can't control it either way. There are obviously some issues though that's for sure.

I didn't hear anything from the Zoom meeting, but those tweets don't read less confident to me. As we know, it's already been reported that the beIN thing has delayed confirmation, but it's still expected to pass. It's not fun waiting, but nothing has changed since this story first broke a few weeks ago.

The good news is that it is still on course etc. The shit news is it sounds like they are still waiting for the PL, which means another few days after they hear to transfer funds. Already looking like anther week of this hijinx and hysteria.

Guest Carrick18

I'm by no means an expert in business, but it seems a tad premature to be worrying.

We're witnessing a £300million takeover involving three groups, each with multiple people involved. I would imagine vetting each individual takes time and that's before you factor in the discussion of their business plan and how they intend to carry the club forward. As if that wasn't time-consuming enough we're also running alongside COVID-19 and the plan to finish the current season.

I understand that everyone wants it done, but a few extra weeks after 13 years doesn't seem bad to me. Everything I've seen from the Premier League indicates they want this done. If it was going to be a no it would have arrived quicker, in my opinion.

For what it’s worth, Caulkin has been replying to some fans after he’d spoken to his sources earlier today...

The stories from last Thursday were that the piracy was the issue.  So assuming that there are not new issues it will boil down to whether the premier league can prove that the owners were involved in this.  Given a French court said they were not I guess that will be hard to prove. 

The takes as long as it takes line makes me far less confident we’ll hear anything this week. Hopefully this is not just delaying tactics.