Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If the Sheffield United owner is the issue with MBS being the senior royal and PIF being part of the nations strategic assets wont he just be told to step aside?

If the Sheffield United owner is the issue with MBS being the senior royal and PIF being part of the nations strategic assets wont he just be told to step aside?

Or murdered.

The premier league are corrupt but I don't think they kill people yet.

Or murdered.

Yeah but no plausible deniability.

Exactly - that's what's asinine about headlines proclaiming that MBS might order Sheffield United to lose.  If that could really happen why wouldn't MBS just order the Sheffield United owner to sell their club and avoid the whole alleged conflict of interest issue alltogether?

Guest godzilla

And that would be a total demonstration of influencing another club surely?.

Or murdered.

"in the Game of Goals, we win or you die"

If after this theoretical objection was raised if it was suggested a legal structure was set up at SU where a group of elected persons who he had no part in selecting made all footballing decisions almost a sort of Trust would be a work around. It could be sold as clubs working together to remove a non existent problem. Plus with a trust accusations of help to NUFC would be done away with.

Surely they were anticipating the Bein thing, which is why the 'issue that wasn't anticipated' is the bit that worried me.  Don't think it's anything to do with Bein, as I'd expect them to have seen it coming.

He’s not saying there *is* an issue. Just presenting a few different options for what could be causing a delay. I think people are not reading that tweet with the context of what he was replying to.

He quite clearly says there is an issue which wasn't anticipated at the start of last week (when he first said it could be done by Wednesday).

Like I said I'm not shitting I the bed, still expect it to go through, but aye... That quote made me think it wasn't going as smoothly as they expected.

This. Staveley thought it would be done last week, she was wrong. What if she's wrong about passing?

She also led Caulkin to believe she was going to be our new owner 2 1/2 years ago.

Hopefully its only a week or so delay, not years this time.  :lol:

Guest godzilla

If after this theoretical objection was raised if it was suggested a legal structure was set up at SU where a group of elected persons who he had no part in selecting made all footballing decisions almost a sort of Trust would be a work around. It could be sold as clubs working together to remove a non existent problem. Plus with a trust accusations of help to NUFC would be done away with.

To me that would still be influencing another club. If it had been done prior to the bid being made fair enough, but, as a direct result of the bid being made, I there their would be fingers pointed and questions asked (rightly so imho).

Guest godzilla

Surely they were anticipating the Bein thing, which is why the 'issue that wasn't anticipated' is the bit that worried me.  Don't think it's anything to do with Bein, as I'd expect them to have seen it coming.

He’s not saying there *is* an issue. Just presenting a few different options for what could be causing a delay. I think people are not reading that tweet with the context of what he was replying to.

He quite clearly says there is an issue which wasn't anticipated at the start of last week (when he first said it could be done by Wednesday).

Like I said I'm not shitting I the bed, still expect it to go through, but aye... That quote made me think it wasn't going as smoothly as they expected.

This. Staveley thought it would be done last week, she was wrong. What if she's wrong about passing?

She also led Caulkin to believe she was going to be our new owner 2 1/2 years ago.

Is not a fakeover man stop crapping on about that will you. It's down to the Premier League nothing more nothing less.

Caulkin is quite clearly speculating because he doesn't know what's causing the hold up. It could even be that Stavely doesn't either.

It could be anything from simple procedures taking longer due to COVID, to prospective board members being asked to make arrangements to satsy criteria.  If they were going to reject it, I suspect they would have by now though.

Is not a fakeover man stop crapping on about that will you. It's down to the Premier League nothing more nothing less.

Didn't say fakeover, just that it's not complete yet.

Also just reminding everyone that Staveley has told her contacts she was expecting to be our new owner 2 1/2 years ago.

Hopefully she's right this time.

Didn't say fakeover, just that it's not complete yet.

Also just reminding everyone that Staveley has told her contacts she was expecting to be our new owner 2 1/2 years ago.

Hopefully she's right this time.

I think you just need to chill. Wait until it’s done. You reminds me of Lee Ryder.

Let's be above petty name calling to keep this thread somewhat civil.

Didn’t somebody earlier in the thread mention something about CRB checks taking longer than normal (month backlog or something)? Not sure if they’re used as part of the PL checks but could be a reason.

Not sure delayed CRB checks would cause Caulkin/his source within Staveley's team to start talking about an "incredibly complex", "vastly complicated" issue that "wasn't anticipated".

Wood for the trees, lads.

Didn’t somebody earlier in the thread mention something about CRB checks taking longer than normal (month backlog or something)? Not sure if they’re used as part of the PL checks but could be a reason.

Not sure delayed CRB checks would cause Caulkin/his source within Staveley's team to start talking about an "incredibly complex", "vastly complicated" issue that "wasn't anticipated".

Pretty sure Caulkin meant the whole process is "incredibly complex" and "vastly complicated" - not just that piece (if it is even a thing, I'm still not 100% sure what he meant by it).

He was speculating.

I didn't even notice you'd cherry picked the quotes either, wow  :lol: