Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Anyone who says they are not even remotely concerned obviously hasn't been paying attention over the last few years.

lasy few years have nowt to do with it, it's out of ashley's hands now according to all available information, and that's been the fuck factor

I’m not worried and it’s exhausting seeing all the panic in here :lol:

I'm not worried just bored of this bollocks now and want it complete so we can enjoy that moment before we decent into madness and arguing again about how we shouldn't be signing the likes of Cavani as he is past his best and should signal our intent by signing Mbappe.

Surely they were anticipating the Bein thing, which is why the 'issue that wasn't anticipated' is the bit that worried me.  Don't think it's anything to do with Bein, as I'd expect them to have seen it coming.

He’s not saying there *is* an issue. Just presenting a few different options for what could be causing a delay. I think people are not reading that tweet with the context of what he was replying to.

He quite clearly says there is an issue which wasn't anticipated at the start of last week (when he first said it could be done by Wednesday).

Like I said I'm not shitting I the bed, still expect it to go through, but aye... That quote made me think it wasn't going as smoothly as they expected.

I’m not worried and it’s exhausting seeing all the panic in here :lol:

I’ve said it before it’s because we want it so much, we all feel like we are doing a naughty thing and want it finished before we get caught, that’s how it feels  :lol:

Do we think Caulkin is actually getting updates from the process? Sounds more like he’s just speculating on what might be happening.

Yes, he said he’s getting his updates from the buying side, and his last update was yesterday.

the ramifications of the PL knocking this deal back on any grounds would be insaaaaaane like :lol:

imagine them having the balls to do that, it's just so hard to see, the Sheff Utd. piece seems the most likely if they were going to grow a pair

On the face of it, it seems like the PL would have plenty of support if they denied the takeover.

the ramifications of the PL knocking this deal back on any grounds would be insaaaaaane like :lol:

imagine them having the balls to do that, it's just so hard to see, the Sheff Utd. piece seems the most likely if they were going to grow a pair

On the face of it, it seems like the PL would have plenty of support if they denied the takeover.

They would have plenty of support, but I don't think that's mojo's point (apologies if I'm speaking for you wrongly mojo).  It's more about how deeply entwined foreign politics already are with every aspect of this country, including football.  If they knocked this one back for any reason which was even vaguely political, then dozens and dozens of other investments in football and wider society would immediately be called into question.

Apart from causing a diplomatic incident in global geopolitics. Can’t imagine the government letting them turn it down. Depends how independent they are from government I guess.

They would have plenty of support, but I don't think that's mojo's point (apologies if I'm speaking for you wrongly mojo).  It's more about how deeply entwined foreign politics already are with every aspect of this country, including football.  If they knocked this one back for any reason which was even vaguely political, then dozens and dozens of other investments in football and wider society would immediately be called into question.

:thup:  that's why you might argue the sheff utd angle could be their "get out" if they wanted to knock it back but given how money hungry they are the delay is probably them trying to find a way to let it go through without breaching that part of their own rules :lol:

:thup:

The PL won’t stop this. They’re desperate for competition for City and Liverpool. I’d imagine the Scottish PL is a nightmare scenario for them with 2 clubs continuously (and boringly) challenging for the title.

Would be good with an update from either the Premier League or Ashley, just to clearify where we are at the moment. To get some kind of a timescale of the process.

Not that I think that will ever happen, but there are so many people that have so many questions right now.