Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

PL has a lot on their plate for sure. Also think they know the optics. Either way the more time they take the more it looks like they are taking it very seriously. Tedium.

Daily Mail now rehashing more crap (thats been floating around today) about 10 clubs grouping together to block the sale. Let it end. I am sure the PL want it done and out the way as quickly as possible at this point.

The key word in their article is “could” ie made up bollocks.

63PYIlau9S3h59s4nFfWPALPVPrGPHwN7hJH2YEblhw.jpg?auto=webp&s=3941bca648297a7fd5cb568abd443059d5ee03b3

It just seems mightily suspicious that Steve Wraith has went on a 'break' after giving the takeover the biggun for so long and there's been a distinct lack of Saudi verified blue tick brigade on twitter for a while.  To me, it seems dead in the water but I know fuck all and could well be woken in the morning by a Mexican wave crescendo of cans opening.

Not linking it coz it’s the sun but they are running with

UNREST is growing among Premier League clubs about the proposed Saudi Arabian takeover of Newcastle.

SunSport understands at least ten other sides have concerns about the league ratifying the £300million deal to buy out Mike Ashley.

I can live with stories like that tbh, it's fuck all to do with any other club and everybody involved in the bid knows this. Stuff like that will only ever come across as fear of a resurgent Newcastle.

They are just looking after their own interests.  A well-funded Newcastle pose a threat to everyone, we’ve seen that in the past and their stance against it isn’t objectionable at all.

The behaviour of clubs and the media throughout this has shown they are completely rattled at the thought of a resurgent Newcastle tipping the balance and upsetting the status quo.

Fuck the lot of them.

Does anyone seriously think concerns weren't raised by other league clubs when Chelsea or ManCity were taken over by billionaires?  Heck, those same clubs probably complained when NUFC was taken over by Ashley.

Being back to work keeps ya mind off this ,just caught up on this and even after one days read you can tell the desperation on here to get it done.

It’s tough to read.

As said previously if this is vetoed by the PL then it will highlight how fucking corrupt and hypocritical they really are and it will be the end of me watching any English football.I accepted a long time ago that I'd never see us win anything and this takeover is my last semblance of hope if it doesnt happen all that has gone so what's the fucking point

Saying that I'd be astonished if they done it

Not linking it coz it’s the sun but they are running with

UNREST is growing among Premier League clubs about the proposed Saudi Arabian takeover of Newcastle.

SunSport understands at least ten other sides have concerns about the league ratifying the £300million deal to buy out Mike Ashley.

BOOM!

Always maintained from the start other clubs would be doing their utmost to stop the rise of NUFC. I mean why wouldn't they? We will be direct competitors with much bigger resources. Anyone who thinks that football royalty clubs don't have clout within the FA is living in dreamland. Although the FA of course is still bound to play within the rules, but I guess it just comes down to how much wiggle room they have with the rules and how they plan to apply them.

As said previously if this is vetoed by the PL then it will highlight how fucking corrupt and hypocritical they really are and it will be the end of me watching any English football

Saying that I'd be astonished if they done it

Strangely if its passed it also highlights how corrupt and hypocritical they are.

To be fair, there’s probably a lot of truth in that. I doubt any usable new evidence will have come forward, but the PL are between a rock and a hard place with this decision now. Whatever they ultimately decide there will be legal challenges, public outrage or both either way.

They will want their legal department and lawyers to give them the assurance that their decision will stand up in court if needed, or to be able to use the excuse that legally their hands were tied.

Think it was Mark Douglas last night who said we are now at the point where approval could be given or rejected any time or any day now. I don’t think there is any timeframe as such any more.

I wonder how many brown envelopes the PL are being offered from all directions right now :lol:

Think it was Mark Douglas last night who said we are now at the point where approval could be given or rejected any time or any day now. I don’t think there is any timeframe as such any more.

I think this is probably the case now. Culkin saying it’s a process which will end when it ends involving ongoing dialogue. It’s not a case of if it’s not done by a certain date it’s off etc.

BBC ripping into Saudi for no apparent reason. We get a mention obviously!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52588971

For no apparent reason? 😁

Yes of course, for no apparent reason.

You can do one of these "attack Saudi Arabia" (China, Russia, Iran, USA . . . whoever) articles whenever you (BBC etc) want, but WHY NOW ??

It stinks, I'm sure you can see that.