Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I very much doubt that they'll give a shiny shite about "fury from Newcastle's fanbase".

I can see it now, thousands and thousands of furious Newcastle fans cancelling their Sky/BT/Amazon/TV licences/season tickets the moment the takeover is thrown out.

The other points are probably true mind.

Agreed. They won't give a shiny shite about Newcastle fans, but the other points might loosen their bowels a tad.

More than happy to take stick for that post - but maintain a lot have been reading too much into it. Perhaps it was misjudged given how on edge a lot of people are about this takeover.

Remain confident what I've been told - and what a lot of others have been told - that this deal will go ahead but not sure when. Nobody knows that for a fact until it is done. I've never claimed to be in the know whatever that actually means- and never will. But do get told a lot of things, a lot turns out to be bollocks.

Moderator so must be true

The Grauniad and Telegraph are determined that this takeover shouldn’t happen...I don’t suppose the PL would look into American racism or police beatings as part of their Directors test🤔

only if its an nufc takeover

Henry Mauriss looks like Keith Bishop with bit more of a mullet

:lol:

Only ever seen that official portrait photo of him, but I've yet to see a version of it that isn't pixelated...or maybe he just looks that blurry in real life.

EDIT: didn't read your post properly and thought you meant Harold Bishop.

Guest reefatoon

Henry Mauriss looks like Keith Bishop with bit more of a mullet

:lol:

Only ever seen that official portrait photo of him, but I've yet to see a version of it that isn't pixelated...or maybe he just looks that blurry in real life.

EDIT: didn't read your post properly and thought you meant Harold Bishop.

He looks Like Harold with a mullet too actually. Come to think of it, has anyone seen those three in the same room? Hhmmm

The Grauniad and Telegraph are determined that this takeover shouldn’t happen...I don’t suppose the PL would look into American racism or police beatings as part of their Directors test🤔

Fucking hell. Here we go. :lol:

Does a state and a private organisation being different things still need to be explained. :lol: How many times is that now?

it got tedious a long time ago, jesus how many times was it brought up re sheffield united

Why would they?

Exactly...so why look(assuming that’s one of the reasons this takeover is taking so long) at SA’s Human Rights issues...or mebees I’m barking up the wrong tree

They won't care about this one because he hasn't got 2 pennies to rub together, it'd get waved straight through. A lot of the protests against this one are as much about people who support another team not wanting us to have unlimited money as they are about actually caring about human rights abuses.

This guy is about as able to buy Newcastle as I am, so nobody would give a shit. He'd have to take out a loan against the club value, like the Glazers did.

At least Ashley can afford us.

Why would they?

Exactly...so why look(assuming that’s one of the reasons this takeover is taking so long) at SA’s Human Rights issues...or mebees I’m barking up the wrong tree

I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

They won't care about this one because he hasn't got 2 pennies to rub together. He's about as able to buy Newcastle as I am. He'd have to take out a loan against the club value, like the Glazers did.

On what basis are we all concluding this guy has no money?

Guest godzilla

Ashley trying to put the pressure on the consortium, I certainly would not put it past him

They won't care about this one because he hasn't got 2 pennies to rub together. He's about as able to buy Newcastle as I am. He'd have to take out a loan against the club value, like the Glazers did.

On what basis are we all concluding this guy has no money?

Because there's literally nothing anywhere to suggest he has any money at all. If you can find anything to the contrary, please share it. The companies he owns now are 2-bit nothings with no revenue streams as such. He'd be Ashley Mk2, probably renaming the stadium after his shitty nothing brands and plastering us with more free adverts but with the finances of the club actually leveraged against the purchase to boot.

Honestly, I'd rather keep Ashley.