Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If they were going to knock it back point blank at these findings they'd have done so already.

Someone suggested that they would have needed the official report and not the draft version to use as evidence to knock it back.

I suppose the next few days will be telling.  If they are going to knock it back, it'll be in the next few days. If they still haven't then surely this suggests they're looking for a solution?

I suppose the next few days will be telling.  If they are going to knock it back, it'll be in the next few days. If they still haven't then surely this suggests they're looking for a solution?

Or that it has failed and PIF have appealed.

The PL won't publicly announce any pass or fail, so we could at any point be in the appeals stage. We could be there already....

It’s only about the ODT test on PIF, the rest of the stuff you mention is your opinion, whataboutery and ifs and buts.

I've literally quoted the test from the PL's website and highlighted the relevant bits. :lol: You have your head so far in the sand it's hilarious, though I understand why as I we all want this to go through but so many have lost the ability to think critically and objectively over this. I'm not willing to spend my day going in circular arguments so I'll just say as I've said to others when I've reached this point:

Time will tell, and I hope for the sake of this club and my own enjoyment that I'm wrong. I'll be delighted to be wrong, genuinely, but I maintain my stance which I've had since this first all started.

OK private Fraser.

It’s only about the ODT test on PIF, the rest of the stuff you mention is your opinion, whataboutery and ifs and buts.

I've literally quoted the test from the PL's website and highlighted the relevant bits. :lol: You have your head so far in the sand it's hilarious, though I understand why as I we all want this to go through but so many have lost the ability to think critically and objectively over this. I'm not willing to spend my day going in circular arguments so I'll just say as I've said to others when I've reached this point:

Time will tell, and I hope for the sake of this club and my own enjoyment that I'm wrong. I'll be delighted to be wrong, genuinely, but I maintain my stance which I've had since this first all started.

i get everything you've said below and not arguing with you but checking - is your contention they'll knock it back on the grounds KSA (and by extension MBS/PiF) "didn't do enough" to stop piracy? which is what the report is to determine

had the report been to determine who was behind the piracy i could see it, but seems more of a stretch with what the report is actually supposed to judge on

I've literally quoted the test from the PL's website and highlighted the relevant bits. [emoji38] You have your head so far in the sand it's hilarious, though I understand why as I we all want this to go through but so many have lost the ability to think critically and objectively over this. I'm not willing to spend my day going in circular arguments so I'll just say as I've said to others when I've reached this point:

i get everything you've said below and not arguing with you but checking - is your contention they'll knock it back on the grounds KSA (and by extension MBS/PiF) "didn't do enough" to stop piracy? which is what the report is to determine

had the report been to determine who was behind the piracy i could see it, but seems more of a stretch with what the report is actually supposed to judge on

If the finding is they could have done more to stop it because it's them doing it then yeah [emoji38]

Or that it has failed and PIF have appealed.

The PL won't publicly announce any pass or fail, so we could at any point be in the appeals stage. We could be there already....

I think that an initial (public) rejection and a (successful) appeal, based on lack of factual evidence is the most likely possibility now.

Also completely agree with your other post re: the obvious link between PIF and MBS / Saudi gov. I'm another one who has shared the same concerns since the moment it become evident Qatar are throwing money to stop this.

Fuck me what a mess this deal is.

Why can't we just be sold to someone who is squeaky clean.

If there was a squeaky clean billionaire, or sovereign state, out there then I highly doubt that we'd be the ones to find them. :lol:

Not possible with the money involved.

hell how about someone who's mostly clean and not a fucking country

Guest neesy111

If there was a squeaky clean billionaire, or sovereign state, out there then I highly doubt that we'd be the ones to find them. :lol:

True.

We really need a self-made British billionaire who’ll know what it takes to run a great club.

I'd rather Staveley, the Reubens and one of the most powerful nations in the world than another Mike Ashley at this point, thank you :)

They don’t exist!

The only two options aren't either "Squeaky clean" or "Journalist murdering, homosexual executing, terror funding, women oppressing TV pirates"

Also the people saying the WTO is only looking at if SA could have done more to stop the piracy not who is behind it how do you come to that conclusion without having some understanding of how it's happening & who is doing it otherwise how do you come to a conclusion?