Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I've said it before, after Rafa left, but this time I'm DONE for real if this doesn't go through.

The takeover is the only thing that's brought be back , if it goes into the new season and fans are back i still wouldn't go untill he has gone

This. I was totally disengaged, I was barely keeping up to date with results. The thought of Mike fucking off dragged me back in (insert Sopranos gif).

Gotta be today hasnt it?

Would like to think so, but I'd settle for this week.  George's tweet about documents being moved around and dialogue taking place would suggest that it's being finalised one way or the other .  Hopefully it's positive.

It really doesn't like :lol:

Just imagine after all the mass excitement, the PL reject it.

Talk about 1 extreme to the other.

I don't think it will be extremes for most. I reckon the long wait has dampened everyone's expectations. A quick shrug of the shoulders and walk away for the majority I reckon now.

Gotta be today hasnt it?

Would like to think so, but I'd settle for this week.  George's tweet about documents being moved around and dialogue taking place would suggest that it's being finalised one way or the other .  Hopefully it's positive.

Thanks for pissing on my chips  :sad:.  I'm taking it as a positive, at least until another week inevitably passes without any further breakthrough.

Gotta be today hasnt it?

Thanks for pissing on my chips  :sad:.  I'm taking it as a positive, at least until another week inevitably passes without any further breakthrough.

it's a positive because it means the process isn't closed and finished, which means there's still hope

I don't think it will be extremes for most. I reckon the long wait has dampened everyone's expectations. A quick shrug of the shoulders and walk away for the majority I reckon now.

I'm still "out" in my head, and have been since Rafa left. I can never totally forget Newcastle exist, they'll always be "my" club and can never be replaced by another club, but I'm utterly done with investing energy, money, or emotions into this version of Newcastle United. Football, sadly, has become something I barely even look at now. Who cares what other teams are doing when I don't even have one of my own? I can't remember the last time I watched MOTD or even gave a shit about transfer targets or anything because its all so pointless.

If this goes through, I'm back in. I'll be fully onboard. I'll be like a kid again and I look forward to fully embracing football again. It'll be like Christmas, I'll have so much to catch up on because I've held football at arms' length for about a decade.

If it doesn't go through, and I've allowed myself throughout to take the stance of assuming it will NOT be going through to avoid investing emotionally in something, then I'll be able to just shrug and walk away. Though I reckon losing a chance of having football back in my life again will still really hurt because I'll not know how long I'll have to be without it for until the next chance comes around, if ever.

Unbelievable people still think its going to get rejected.  The reason it is taking so long is so they can accept it. Saudis are buying TV rights and clamping down on piracy for fun I take it?

Unbelievable people still think its going to get rejected.  The reason it is taking so long is so they can accept it. Saudis are buying TV rights and clamping down on piracy for fun I take it?

:thup:

EDIT: i'm just edgy cause i want to be released to be able to enjoy things again, sick to death of hating everything about the club

The only saving grace of a rejection, is the undoubted money I’d save on getting sucked back in again.

I don’t think it’ll taste the same as my younger years with Keegan, but I’d love to see the city buzzing again.

Last night was so depressing, i mean when the cameras panned across the city, the first thing that caught your eye was the state of the gallowgates roof. The place has been left to rot it is criminal.

Until it passes, it's possible for it to fail. To protect my emotional wellbeing, I will continue to assume it will collapse until it actually passes. I look forward to being wrong. :)

Last night was so depressing, i mean when the cameras panned across the city, the first thing that caught your eye was the state of the gallowgates roof. The place has been left to rot it is criminal.

yeah that was really noticeable like, awful

I’m with Scoot on this. Despite being exhausted by the process like everyone that excitement if it goes through will be incredible. That said, I realised watching that Villa game that if it fails I’ll be devastated at the thought of either not following anymore or watching us sleepwalk to another relegation.

Gotta be today hasnt it?

it's a positive because it means the process isn't closed and finished, which means there's still hope

Aye, I'll take that :thup:

It seems to me that the Premier League are succeeding in getting the Saudis to implement changes in regards to Piracy.  It wouldn’t seem right for them to then turn round and fail them after all this time.  If they did then the PL have just been stringing them along.

yeah as much as this sucks, they are making real strides towards sorting out piracy in that region, so I can, to some extent, see why their taking their time. If thats whats causing the delay anyway.

yeah as much as this sucks, they are making real strides towards sorting out piracy in that region, so I can, to some extent, see why their taking their time. If thats whats causing the delay anyway.

This is very true. It makes perfect sense for the PL to take a few months to stamp out piracy in a whole region instead of just outright rejecting a takeover, which was the only other option for them really. This way, if the Saudis clamp down on piracy and then the takeover goes through, everyone comes out of this as winners:

- The PL stamp out piracy so are seen to be doing good things in the O&Ds test

- The Saudis get their takeover

- BeIN see their rights being protected which will sit well with other rights holders too

It seems to me that the Premier League are succeeding in getting the Saudis to implement changes in regards to Piracy.  It wouldn’t seem right for them to then turn round and fail them after all this time.  If they did then the PL have just been stringing them along.

that's a very good point actually, the risk of a negative saudi response knocking back the application at this stage following public announcements of cracking down on piracy etc. would be massive

Personally think it will be this week.  Given three home games in a week (and FA quarter final), they would not want the same shit happening in Newcastle as it has in Liverpool with loads of fans at the ground.....

Has to be this week - we can crack on with a new manager and plans for summer signings before the transfer window opening.

I don't think football matches at SJP has delayed this like. :lol:

They're just not done with the negotiations with the Saudis yet over piracy. As soon as that's either concluded to the PL's satisfaction, or the Saudis say "No, we're not doing that", then we'll have a resolution. Until then, it'll drag on.