Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

Was talking to a mate of mine last night who is a corporate lawyer in London, and he mentioned the PL 'might have a problem' with the clause in the fit and proper owners test which states that a new owner cannot' have power or influence over another Football League club[7]'

Obviously with MBS having seniority over the minor Saudi Prince at Sheff Utd, this could be seen as a potential issue. Particularly after MBS effectively carried out a shakedown of other Saudi royalty in 2017, which saw many of them imprisoned & even tortured and strengthened his grip on power there.

Would the PL want to go there with all the possible diplomatic fall out, I'm not so sure?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/how-saudi-royal-crushed-his-rivals-shakedown-ritz-carlton-n930396

Think it was telling that within the letter the premier league responded with 'company based in Saudia Arabia' and no mention of the crown prince.

The Queen hasn't weighed in yet, to be fair

Dalai Lama press conference at 15:00 UK time tho.

Trying to get the thoughts of Ban Ki Moon as well, I think, before they go any further

Was talking to a mate of mine last night who is a corporate lawyer in London, and he mentioned the PL 'might have a problem' with the clause in the fit and proper owners test which states that a new owner cannot' have power or influence over another Football League club[7]'

Obviously with MBS having seniority over the minor Saudi Prince at Sheff Utd, this could be seen as a potential issue. Particularly after MBS effectively carried out a shakedown of other Saudi royalty in 2017, which saw many of them imprisoned & even tortured and strengthened his grip on power there.

Would the PL want to go there with all the possible diplomatic fall out, I'm not so sure?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/how-saudi-royal-crushed-his-rivals-shakedown-ritz-carlton-n930396

Think it was telling that within the letter the premier league responded with 'company based in Saudia Arabia' and no mention of the crown prince.

But he's Chairman of the group and can't disassociate himself that easily.

Guest godzilla

But he's Chairman of the group and can't disassociate himself that easily.

Is the other prince part of the group?

I think PIF will argue that MBS doesnt run it, that other fella who meant to be our chairman does. I'm sure they have thought it through though.

Watertight without a doubt. This has been a couple of years in the making. Staveley Has all the experience to navigate around the pitfalls.

Guest godzilla

I think PIF will argue that MBS doesnt run it, that other fella who meant to be our chairman does. I'm sure they have thought it through though.

If the prince running Sheff Utd was part of the group, then I think it would be a non starter. Don't think he is (sure it's his own money) and as such Staveley and our proposed future chairman, as you said, will have known all the possible issues and have the responses prepared. You don't pay  a 17 million non refundable deposit unless you are pretty sure that you have everything covered.

Don’t worry folks... Alan Brazil has defended the takeover this morning in his own amiable style :lol:

Link iz

4:20 in...

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1587704400/1587713400/

Harmison is utterly clueless - "Bruce has done a good job and deserves a chance to stay on" - EFF OFF!

I'm sure he came across well on that "Time of your Lives" on Sky Sports with King Kev??

If the prince running Sheff Utd was part of the group then I  think it would be a non starter. Don't think he is (sure it's his own money) and as such Staveley and our proposed future chairman as you said will have known all the possible issues and have the responses prepared. You don't pay £17 million non-refundable deposit unless they are pretty sure they have everything covered.

Thing is though, they can have all the confidence in the world but it'll count for nothing if the PL interpret things differently. If that happens, hopefully it'd be up for debate and discussion.

Deluded fuckers, Bruce will be respected till the end of the season, then peddled , everyone even him knows it.

No fucking chance the new owners keep him on, stop waffling Harmy.

If the prince running Sheff Utd was part of the group then I  think it would be a non starter. Don't think he is (sure it's his own money) and as such Staveley and our proposed future chairman as you said will have known all the possible issues and have the responses prepared. You don't pay £17 million non-refundable deposit unless they are pretty sure they have everything covered.

Thing is though, they can have all the confidence in the world but it'll count for nothing if the PL interpret things differently. If that happens, hopefully it'd be up for debate and discussion.

Theres been no "red flags" yet, apparently. Reckon it would have came up by now surely if there was going to be a problem.

You'd think that if this was going to be a problem there'd be some internal rank-pulling within the Saudi establishment, and the Sheff Utd guy would be relinquishing his role.

Don’t worry folks... Alan Brazil has defended the takeover this morning in his own amiable style :lol:

Link iz

Harmison is utterly clueless - "Bruce has done a good job and deserves a chance to stay on" - EFF OFF!

I'm sure he came across well on that "Time of your Lives" on Sky Sports with King Kev??

Aye he seems ok but he is thick as mince.  You can also take into account he probably knows Bruce quite well so he will be biased.

Guest godzilla

Think it will be based on actual facts not interpretation otherwise you are leaving yourself facing a massive lawsuit.

Link iz

Aye he seems ok but he is thick as mince.  You can also take into account he probably knows Bruce quite well so he will be biased.

Yep - that applies to them all who are praising him!

How he didn't get corona from Cheltenham is the greatest medical mystery of our time

I was there on the Tuesday.  Had a quick chat with him with some mates in the bar above the Guinness village.  He actually seemed really sound.  Whereas he always comes across like a massive twat on the radio.  Didn't seem as red in person.  I was quite disappointed :lol:

:lol: ah man, I fully expected he'd be redder in person.  Was he wrecked?

It was early doors and he looked like he was just tucking into his first Guinness.  We were all joking saying we better see Big Al there.  Then he walked past an hour or so later said hello and sat on the table next to us.  Had a lot of time for most people who wanted a chat or a photo.  So makes it even more amazing he didn't get the ol 'Rona.  The alcohol in his bloodstream probably killed it off.  His blood is probably 40% Pinot Noir. 

Here he is, that's me in the grey:

4960203063c4fcb855a1986720edc46e1fdc93118c080481b257c74d90a076bd7bdb9826.jpg