Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111

Will be the same clubs that voted for clubs finishing in the top 6 receiving a bigger share of the TV money a few years ago. So the 'big six' now, Everton, West Ham and Wolves.

Tbf, we voted for that as well.

Will be the same clubs that voted for clubs finishing in the top 6 receiving a bigger share of the TV money a few years ago. So the 'big six' now, Everton, West Ham and Wolves.

Tbf, we voted for that as well.

Not surprised unfortunately.

Was anyone here genuinely concerned about Saudis human records before they looked like being the new owners?

I wasn't...their behaviour would probably have came about 2 or 3 hundredth on my concern list  only just beating whether or not it was going to be sunny tomorrow or not.

Maybe that makes me a twat, but I'm not going to get on a moral high ground on something that's never mattered before

Go look in chat, there's a whole thread dedicated to them that's years old.

:lol: What can I say. These people are the snowflake generation. It's PC gone WILD.

What you prattling on about? Again, nobody is doubting their human rights record. Nobody is downplaying it. We are just discussing the likely impact it is likely to have on the takeover.

We dont need your virtue signalling in this thread, thanks.

It was a joke and it was specifically in reply to someone who flounced off when I disagreed with him, ye div. The level of touchiness over this is getting into projection territory tbh, there's nothing in anything I said in my post that even hints at virtue signalling.

The knock-on political ramifications if the PL were to reject it for non-commercial reasons could be significant and embarrassing for the government. Could also set an unwanted precedent and put off other potential investors. Given the statement yesterday from the culture secretary, the PL would be taking a considerable risk. It will happen.

I'm pleased we have had a relatively quiet day. No takeover news, no amnesty, no Bein sports, I think we all needed that.

We needed a cool down.

Lasted long.

The leaking of this letter smacks of opportunism to me, why else would they do it. The journalist posting it on twitter mentioned that there has been no response but the letter is dated today.

It says at the start of the letter "we recently contacted you" so they must have sent a letter to the PL a couple of days ago or whatever, got no response so released that letter today. Pricks

i would argue that there are a handful of posters on this forum arguing in a few threads to death and it's quite tiresome. We know everyone's position. Sometimes it may be best to not type on your keyboard and hit post every single time you have a thought in your mind that you think will really 1 up someone.

:lol: What can I say. These people are the snowflake generation. It's PC gone WILD.

What you prattling on about? Again, nobody is doubting their human rights record. Nobody is downplaying it. We are just discussing the likely impact it is likely to have on the takeover.

We dont need your virtue signalling in this thread, thanks.

It was a joke and it was specifically in reply to someone who flounced off when I disagreed with him, ye div. The level of touchiness over this is getting into projection territory tbh, there's nothing in anything I said in my post that even hints at virtue signalling.

There will be touchiness from lots of people, best not to be. Arguing wont change the outcome just as much as amnesty international, bein sports, or richard keys wont change the outcome.

I'm of the opinion that this will get approved, it may force some change in Saudi Arabia in terms of the BeoutQ or future tv deal bidding etc. You have to believe that if this deal is approved Saudi Arabia will be bidding on some type of PL tv rights.

Apologies if it's been mentioned earlier but Gallowgate Shots have a cracking wee podcast with that Geordie dentist bloke explaining where the BeIn objections have come from.  Didn't know that BeIn Sport used to be Aljazeera Sports and is owned by Qatar government and they're having massive ding-dong with Saudi Arabia plus shit scared they have competition in the region for showing games.  Hee-haw to do with piracy etc. just pure looking after their own slice of the cake.

Felt much more relaxed about it after listening to it. 

Man I can’t believe there are people putting the Saudi flag in their Twitter. Also Wraith is happily stoking the “Amnesty are hypocrites!” Idiots on Twitter.

The average IQ of the replies must be about ten

Looking at this guy's timeline and I can't decide if it'd be better if he was taking the p*ss or not. :lol: dedication either way.

:lol: I know who he is. Lived in the same street in Birtley as my mate when I was a kid.

He's got a fair few screws loose. He and his family were known as the "smelly Ellys" by neighbours. Fun fact for you there.

Is his brother Craig, because there's someone else posting pretty much the same all the time?

:lol: Aye I think so. There's loads of them.

If PIF were buying Man United or Liverpool, would the reaction be the same, or much worse?

Be the saviours of football if they bought Man Utd. The red carpet would be rolled out.

There would be an acknowledgement that sport and politics are separate issues.

Aye, it would be full of articles like this praising them: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/04/manchester-united-fans-may-want-rid-club-glazers-sportswashing/

To be owned by the Saudis would be enough for any match-going United follower to surrender their season ticket. To see the club in which they have made such a huge emotional investment used as a vehicle for self-promotion by the most brutally repressive regime on earth is beyond revolting. Yes, it might indeed mean they could sign Lionel Messi. But no-one with a conscience could cheerfully support the club were the Saudis to take up residence in the Old Trafford board room.

The red carpet for sure. Can we please cease with this cretinous paranoid nonsense?

That Delaney prick from the Independent didn't seem very bothered.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-sale-saudi-arabia-interest-reports-latest-buy-club-mohammad-bin-salman-a8586866.html

Guest chopey

I'm more than happy for this to fall through so long as the rest of the clubs got rid of their dodgy owners

Arsenal, Stan Kronke Hated land owner that evicts families at will and left St Louis millions in debt when he moved to LA.

Aston Villa Nassef Sawiris Telecoms business in North Korea and Pakistan that make millions in countries that dont have much of a network

Bournemouth  Maxim Demin Subject of an FA cover up over illegal betting and companies he owns keep selling and buying Bournemouth

Brighton Tony Bloom professional gambler with very suspect methods and lots and lots of secret clients spending millions every week on football betting.

Burnley Best of British

Chelsea Roman Abramovich even the Swiss don't want his money

Crystal Palace Joshua Harris investment parasite that has already made $1.6 billion from the current pandemic

Everton Farhad Moshiri Dodgy Russian with an even dodgier mate Usmanov who paid £6 million for a poster at the training ground and £30 million for an option to possibly have naming rights on the new sradium

Leicester The Srivaddhanaprabha Family corruptly stole £327 million from the Thai govenment.

Liverpool Fenway Sports Group cheats

Man City Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan human rights abuse, corruption, stealing of state assets

Man Utd The Glazer Family Lumbered the club with vast debt at the same time taking out over £500 million and have recently taken out a personal loan secured on the shares they own in the club.

Norwich City Delia Smith best of British

Sheff Utd Abdullah bin Musa'ed Same as NUFC

Southampton Gao Jisheng Done for bribery and corruption, his testimony plea deal led to the execution of two people in China

Tottenham Joe Lewis despicable investor currently raping Argentina Patagonia for natural reserves.

Watford  Gino Pozzo corruption and betting scandals in football in both Italy and Spain ( he passed the Premier League test)

West Ham well known gangsters

Wolverhampton Wanderers Fosun International Corruption and staff keep going missing in China