Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111

He’s right about Poch. Just not about Bruce but it’s his mate so what else is he going to say.

You sure they are mate's?  Bent hung him out to dry when he left the mackems.

Henry gets it. he is Smart and I am glad he see our points.

He understands what Newcastle is about, he always has. He doesn't look that old, but he was making his bones when Keegan was leading our title charge back in the 90's. His preview of the showdown with Man U had the hair standing up on the back of my neck. Just a shame it was before the internet days, would love to have put it up here.

He's a canny fella is Henry. Met him a few times in the Bodega pre-match as he was a colleague of one of my mates. He said he used to love covering our games for the whole match day experience in the city.....he's definitely one of the journalists that gets the club.

He's also one of those who used to appear on Sunday Supplement, and it was immediately apparent he stood head and shoulders above the tabloid journalists who usually make up the panel. No idea if he still appears on it as I stopped watching when it was apparent that they were only interested in the teams at the top.

He’s right about Poch. Just not about Bruce but it’s his mate so what else is he going to say.

Bent has been on Talksport breakfast/morning slots for a few month now with a slowly increasing presence. My radio alarm is set to it and on in my van when I work normally so pretty much heard him on a weekly now daily basis and when asked about Bruce he sings his praises especially his man management. Blames the SAFC board regarding the Aston Villa move. Was happy to stay but the club wanted the money.

Says Darren Bent. :lol:

...Is when the little X got clicked on my browser :lol:

He's a good guy, I have a lot of time for him. It's easy to see what his thinking is. Bruce won't be kept on so will either retire or end up somewhere in the Championship and Bent working for Bruce previously is hoping he can curry favour for a possible coaching role.

He's not daft, he's not going to burn that bridge. It's why all English managers and ex players look after each other.

I get the feeling that the lads really do like Bruce. He doesn't challenge them at all unlike someone like Rafa who demands the best out of everyone.

Of course they do. It's a cake walk compared to Rafa and he is reputably a nice guy to the players and easy to get along with. Low expectations.

I get the feeling that the lads really do like Bruce. He doesn't challenge them at all unlike someone like Rafa who demands the best out of everyone.

They do like him. They would probably like me though if I was manager.

Both of us are fucking woeful.

:lol: What can I say. These people are the snowflake generation. It's PC gone WILD.

What you prattling on about? Again, nobody is doubting their human rights record. Nobody is downplaying it. We are just discussing the likely impact it is likely to have on the takeover.

We dont need your virtue signalling in this thread, thanks.

It was a joke and it was specifically in reply to someone who flounced off when I disagreed with him, ye div. The level of touchiness over this is getting into projection territory tbh, there's nothing in anything I said in my post that even hints at virtue signalling.

:lol: I don't think he knows what it means tbf.

Of course they do. It's a cake walk compared to Rafa and he is reputably a nice guy to the players and easy to get along with. Low expectations.

At least those players who prefer Bruce is a good guideline for the incoming manager on who needs replacing first.

If PIF were buying Man United or Liverpool, would the reaction be the same, or much worse?

Be the saviours of football if they bought Man Utd. The red carpet would be rolled out.

There would be an acknowledgement that sport and politics are separate issues.

Aye, it would be full of articles like this praising them: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/04/manchester-united-fans-may-want-rid-club-glazers-sportswashing/

To be owned by the Saudis would be enough for any match-going United follower to surrender their season ticket. To see the club in which they have made such a huge emotional investment used as a vehicle for self-promotion by the most brutally repressive regime on earth is beyond revolting. Yes, it might indeed mean they could sign Lionel Messi. But no-one with a conscience could cheerfully support the club were the Saudis to take up residence in the Old Trafford board room.

The red carpet for sure. Can we please cease with this cretinous paranoid nonsense?

That Delaney prick from the Independent didn't seem very bothered.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-sale-saudi-arabia-interest-reports-latest-buy-club-mohammad-bin-salman-a8586866.html

The difference in the tone of this article, compared to what he has said in the last week is quite remarkable.

Bent has been on Talksport breakfast/morning slots for a few month now with a slowly increasing presence. My radio alarm is set to it and on in my van when I work normally so pretty much heard him on a weekly now daily basis and when asked about Bruce he sings his praises especially his man management. Blames the SAFC board regarding the Aston Villa move. Was happy to stay but the club wanted the money.

Would be nice to hear a player sing the praises of Bruce for his tactical acumen for a change, rather than his man management. Which basically just translates as being a soft touch due to him not really knowing what he's doing.

Would be nice to hear a player sing the praises of Bruce for his tactical acumen for a change, rather than his man management. Which basically just translates as being a soft touch due to him not really knowing what he's doing.

I see the point you are trying to make but don’t fully agree with it. A lot can be said for man mangement. Especially these days with the snowflakes. It’s combining the two obviously is the greatest skill.

I see the point you are trying to make but don’t fully agree with it. A lot can be said for man mangement. Especially these days with the snowflakes. It’s combining the two obviously is the greatest skill.

I don't underrate man mangement skills at all, just pointing out that Bruce only ever gets praised for that, which does suggest that his tactical or coaching credentials don't seem to be held in much regard at all.

Is there anything stopping an announcement over the weekend? Or is there any chance it can get announced? Would like to stop checking for updates for these 2 days. Doing my head in even before the proper #cans.

Is there anything stopping an announcement over the weekend? Or is there any chance it can get announced? Would like to stop checking for updates for these 2 days. Doing my head in even before the proper #cans.

Best advice, log off and watch out for the news , it's doing all our heads in. :lol:

I very much doubt that it will be announced over the weekend.

If it’s not announced by the end of the business day tomorrow, the earliest it will then be announced will be Monday morning.