Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Other than PIF who have enough money to absorb the temporary costs, there isn’t a consortium out there who have the capital to buy a £300m football club who might not have a paying fan base or even any fixtures for 12-18 months.

People are thick if they believe this.

All the evidence points towards the PIF deal being pretty much done and awaiting it’s rubber stamp. There may have been interest in us by others, but this pandemic alongside our current prospective owners has ended that, even if it was serious.

This is newspapers making a story out of nothing. No doubt if this story comes out there will be little context or the context would state they are no longer in the frame. If it did say that it would all be hearsay and will be fake in order for the likes of BeIN, Amnesty, other Premier League clubs etc to lie and say there is another option for us.

#cans if another bid is successful

People who haven't already fallen in love with the journalist murderers are going to be very, very pleasantly surprised.

It's a more socially acceptable multibillionaire? Tremendous news

I wouldn't put it past Ashley to try and inflict the worst next owner on us possible, one that has the least amount of potential to improve us. He's spiteful and vindictive enough to want to stitch us up one last time as long as he's getting the same fee paid for the club, I can't imagine he's going to want to see someone come in and show how much of a dogsh*t owner he was or more importantly, see the fans be happy.  :hmm:

Agree with this, but everything has been agreed with Staveley's camp and a deposit has been paid. I don't think he can get out bar failing the fit-and-proper test.

Aye, people don’t understand that the deposit being non-refundable means that if Staveley’s side pull out. If Ashley pulled out he would have to pay that back and would be subjected to legal proceedings since it appears that multiple legal documents have been signed.

As it has been said, even Ashley has put plenty of his own money into this deal. Any other deal would have to be very financially lucrative for him to pull the plug on this deal, in this financial situation combined with 3 years of the club being for sale without a buyer, it’s not happening.

Either way, roll on later tonight to see this shite story released. Wonder if it is a consortium of Richard Keys, Bein sports, Amnesty and Triggs. Trying a new tact instead of writing letters.

Was about to post something similar but hadn't accounted for triggs chipping in his £50. :lol:

Guest godzilla

Other than PIF who have enough money to absorb the temporary costs, there isn’t a consortium out there who have the capital to buy a £300m football club who might not have a paying fan base or even any fixtures for 12-18 months.

All the evidence points towards the PIF deal being pretty much done and awaiting it’s rubber stamp. There may have been interest in us by others, but this pandemic alongside our current prospective owners has ended that, even if it was serious.

This is newspapers making a story out of nothing. No doubt if this story comes out there will be little context or the context would state they are no longer in the frame. If it did say that it would all be hearsay and will be fake in order for the likes of BeIN, Amnesty, other Premier League clubs etc to lie and say there is another option for us.

I'm certainly questioning a second bid being agreed, but it has crossed my mind that it could possibly be Ashley trying to put pressure on the Saudi bid (there were reports he was pissed off it hadn't been announced [if true!]); as it's passed the PL test stage and no announcement. Mind that is probably a load of bollocks in my thinking also.

Guest Butcher

There might be a group ready to jump in in case PIF fail the fit and proper tests? Nowt to worry about imo.

Guest godzilla

We are stuck with Ashley or some skint Yanks that will have agreed for 10 years of Sports Direct ads in the ground.

Aye that's my feeling too.......

If it's legally binding he can't though. If there is a clause for a non refundable deposit that suggests to me it is.

I'm certainly questioning a second bid being agreed, but it has crossed my mind that it could possibly be Ashley trying to put pressure on the Saudi bid (there were reports he was pissed off it hadn't been announced [if true!]); as it's passed the PL test stage and no announcement. Mind that is probably a load of bollocks in my thinking also.

I’m pretty sure as soon as the Premier League have approved the takeover and the deal is completed, they will let us know as soon as possible.

The hold up now will be with the Premier League.

Yeah ok it might be frustrating for Ashley who may want the world to know he’s washed his hands of the club, but it’s understandable that PIF don’t want to formally announce a deal when it’s technically not completed. PIF in particular maybe regulated on this in regards to stock market trading.

There might be a group ready to jump in in case PIF fail the fit and proper tests? Nowt to worry about imo.

Aye that's my thinking too. Although if the PIF bid gets knocked back by the  via the Richard Keys pressure initiative, the Americans will probably offer half the amount seeing as their only competitor would have been ruled out.

Guest godzilla

I'm certainly questioning a second bid being agreed, but it has crossed my mind that it could possibly be Ashley trying to put pressure on the Saudi bid (there were reports he was p*ssed off it hadn't been announced [if true!]); as it's passed the PL test stage and no announcement. Mind that is probably a load of bollocks in my thinking also.

I’m pretty sure as soon as the Premier League have approved the takeover and the deal is completed, they will let us know as soon as possible.

The hold up now will be with the Premier League.

Yeah ok it might be frustrating for Ashley who may want the world to know he’s washed his hands of the club, but it’s understandable that PIF don’t want to formally announce a deal when it’s technically not completed. PIF in particular maybe regulated on this in regards to stock market trading.

All I was thinking is that they may want to announce it at the start of the clubs new financial year (is it not tomorrow or Monday), as I said probably bollocks.

This has got to be it really. It doesn't make sense for Ashley to create a "fakeover", it doesn't change anything at all with the Saudi bid if it's already with the premier league, deposit paid etc.

I kinda assume almost all the fakeovers were verbally agreed with ashley, the man wil lie lie lie and lie again.

I doubt it's coming from Ashley, he wants the club sold now and probably as quick as possible. It's got to be coming from this US fund who are desperately hoping that the FA will block the PIF bid allowing them to cobble together some cash and offer to buy at a reduced price.