Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Barclays have been notified that the takeover is happening.

Reliable source or you actually know?

From the risk team at Barclays. It's second hand info I concede but I 100% trust that I'm not on the end of a wind up myself.

Reason they would be informed is in the covenant for the loan/overdraft - change of ownership in the business is a material event.

Does nothing for the timing mind, still got to keep glued to SSN for that

:thup: would indeed be one, for sure. cheers for passing that on mate.

You're meant to tell us 'MASSIVE UPDATE AT 10!' first.  Hype things up a bit.

:lol:

Should dm Indykiller

I'll have a walk up to the Prudhoe branch tomorrow and see if they kna the craic

Did I tell you the time I was shagging a scummer from Prudhoe? I was mid-stride when her boxer dog came and licked me in the gooch. It was minging and mint all at the same time.

Don’t know why but it just makes it better that it was a Boxer dog :lol:

If the Barclays thing is true, then surely that means the Premier League tests have been passed and we are now at a transfer of ownership stage?

Yep if it’s true sounds like the tests where finished today.

From the risk team at Barclays. It's second hand info I concede but I 100% trust that I'm not on the end of a wind up myself.

Reason they would be informed is in the covenant for the loan/overdraft - change of ownership in the business is a material event.

That timing kind of fits in with what I was told on Friday. Charnley I’m told rang the club on Friday after the PL meeting to say that it was all approved and that they were waiting for the rest of the funds to be released. I’m aware of who was told this by Charnley and it came to me via a chain of only 2 other people, no friend of a friend type of chain either.

I’m still hoping we hear something this week but if Friday was the approval day then the money transfer may not have started any process until Monday.

Here’s hoping, I’ll be gutted now if this gets stopped.

If/when this happens I want to watch Caulkin have a 5h interview with Mandy and co. Also curious to know about all the behind the scenes stuff that has already started according to Caulkin.

That timing kind of fits in with what I was told on Friday. Charnley I’m told rang the club on Friday after the PL meeting to say that it was all approved and that they were waiting for the rest of the funds to be released. I’m aware of who was told this by Charnley and it came to me via a chain of only 2 other people, no friend of a friend type of chain either.

I’m still hoping we hear something this week but if Friday was the approval day then the money transfer may not have started any process until Monday.

Weren’t caulkin and others told checks where still ongoing this week though ?

Caulkin confirmed yesterday that he spoke to the buyers and that PL checks were still ongoing.

My info comes from the club side, they believe it’s all approved. Caulkin’s info will be coming from Staveley.

My info comes from the club side, they believe it’s all approved. Caulkin’s info will be coming from Staveley.

I’m sorry like. I don’t believe you at all. 😁

Not doubting any of this, but wonder why Caulkin is still saying the PL is still looking at it and it’s likely not till next week....mind you even Caulkin won’t necessarily have any more ITK than anyone else..perhaps we are putting too much faith in Caulkin’s connections with Staveley....Here’s hoping Tsunami is found to be correct.

Not doubting any of this, but wonder why Caulkin is still saying the PL is still looking at it and it’s likely not till next week....mind you even Caulkin won’t necessarily have any more ITK than anyone else..perhaps we are putting too much faith in Caulkin’s connections with Staveley....Here’s hoping Tsunami is found to be correct.

If either are correct I'll be a happy man.

Tsunami[/member] has been on here for ages, bite your tongue Shadow Puppets[/member]

😁 HTT has been on here for ages and he still loves a bullshit 😁

I’m sorry like, I don’t buy for a second that we’re in a situation where NUFC think the PL tests are done and the buyers don’t. Seems completely at odds with anything that the good journos are saying. And it would have been leaked to Charnley’s favourable press by now.

Guest godzilla

When this takeover happens I’m off to Prudhoe, smearing Winalot on me barse and whistling the mating call of a boxer dog

Probably changed the dog to a pug now

Tsunami[/member] has been on here for ages, bite your tongue Shadow Puppets[/member]

😁 HTT has been on here for ages and he still loves a bullshit 😁

I’m sorry like, I don’t buy for a second that we’re in a situation where NUFC think the PL tests are done and the buyers don’t. Seems completely at odds with anything that the good journos are saying. And it would have been leaked to Charnley’s favourable press by now.

Would fit with both parties approach tho’ the FCB evidently wanted to announce it a couple of weeks back whilst PCP wanted to keep schtumm until all the i’s were crossed and the t’s dotted.....nothing from PCP until absolute would fit

As I said on Friday if my info is a wind up it’s in pretty poor taste. It came to me through a very close family member and to that family member by a very close family member of someone in a position of responsibility at the club.

I have the name but please don’t ask for it. Doesn’t mean it’s bull shit.

The buyers side may be being a bit more cautious, I was simply told that Charnley said it was all done.