Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

The Roma thing could just be a threat from PIF.  Hurry up and make your minds up you bunch of old cranks or I am taking my billions elsewhere. Twats.

The Roma thing could just be a threat from PIF.  Hurry up and make your minds up you bunch of old cranks or I am taking my billions elsewhere. Twats.

Although technically they can't take their money away, they have already paid a deposit, so they are committed until a decision is made.

Duncan Castle just said in his podcast decision wont be known until the outcome of project restart known one way or another.

This could be months folks.

I think if everyone knew that for a fact, then it would be cool.

Guest awaymag

giphy.gif

Oh come on guys, cant you join the dots..............

PremierLeague are not going to announce they have approved the take over until Pochettino gardening leave expires.  Then Amanda will do a press conference, say 'I f*cking love the toon me, Bruce was shite and the new manager is.......', stage right Pochettino walks in, sits down and says 'Mourinho, how do you like them apples!'

Deal is dead in the water, roma have turned the Saudis heads now.

Thanks to the fa for dragging there heels on this one.

obviously dont want the power to move from south to the north.

back to mike and bruce. :frantic:

The Roma article is a laugh.

1. It has already been dismissed.

2. They are already the subject of a bid by an American and are in the exclusivity stage.

3. It makes no sense for them to drop out of a deal for us considering how close we are to it being completed and how along they are.

4. If for whatever reason they couldn’t buy us, they aren’t going to buy an Italian team. The money in Serie A isn’t coming in as much as you can get from a Premier League team. If they failed in our bid they would go for West Ham, Leeds etc instead.

5. Even if they did have an interest in a foreign team, they would likely invest in them alongside us, in fact recent reports even suggest that they are interested in buying other clubs in other leagues alongside us.

If they can't buy us, how would the FA then be able to pass them fit to buy another English club?

Guest godzilla

Duncan Castle just said in his podcast decision wont be known until the outcome of project restart known one way or another.

Maybe or maybe not with the decision, but, he certainly would not know that for sure as would nobody but the Premier League; and I'm quite sure if that was the case, they would be informing the buyers that there may be a delay also. Everyone in the media does not know so they are all putting their own version of what they may think is the reason.

The likes of George and those close to the process are predicting it is going to be long.

Guest godzilla

The likes of George and those close to the process are predicting it is going to be long.

He didn't say that. He said it will take as long as it takes. Meaning it could be anytime.

He didn't say that. He said it will take as long as it takes. Meaning it could be anytime.

He said today it will be slow process. I want it to happen as quick as possible but that is not the case I am afraid.

He said today it will be slow process. I want it to happen as quick as possible but that is not the case I am afraid.

Where did he say this at? Link?

In short, no one has a clue how long it's going to take, but nothing points to it being rejected and people should probably calm down?

Yes it will not be rejected. People needs to calm down it wont happen soon. We also need to assume there is Ramadan and we shouldn't expect things before May 24/25.

Guest Carrick18

I think at this point it's just spinning wheels.

The buyers know nothing nor do the sellers, and even if they did they'll have signed NDA's that look like a phone book. The Premier League's people won't let anything slip either, and even if they did, these situations are like reporting on a kettle boiling. It may not have been when you were in the room, but the second you left it might have.

Guest godzilla

He said today that he does not think it will go into mid June (a date he was questioned with by a fan I might add), so that's not a couple of months for a start. If you want to believe that it is going to take a couple of months that's up to you.

Guest godzilla

Where did he say this at? Link?

He didn't look at his twitter, he answered a question from a fan about if it would go on until mid June and he replied he doesn't think so.

Yep I have had no doubt that's the case for about a week now. It got laughed off when I mentioned that last weekend too. The fact football has no resume date and may well resume then be stopped again for potentially months is certainly a factor.

Guest reefatoon

To tell you the truth, I think waiting for the takeover a bit longer is going to be less frustrating than it going through now and then not having any kind of football for weeks/months. Once it goes through, we will just want Saturdays to come around so we can play.

A very good read and should put some people’s minds at rest, this part jumps out and and is very true and the PL could be in for a world of hurt if they turn this down

“ Anyone who imagines the Saudis would walk away with a shrug of the shoulders having had their national pride insulted could be in for a rude awakening. I can imagine there are several firms of top lawyers rubbing their hands. The costs of litigation to be visited upon the PL could be ruinous ”

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/takeover-smelling-a-rat/

I think that’s (waiting for project restart) unacceptable to Mike Ashley to be honest it’s costing him £200k a week plus not being able to have the cash in hand right now when he might want to exploit low prices. Equally giving more time for opponents of the deal to submit evidence.

He will kick off if the PL aren’t working on it.

Guest godzilla

I think that’s (waiting for project restart) unacceptable to Mike Ashley to be honest it’s costing him £200k a week plus not being able to have the cash in hand right now when he might want to exploit low prices. Equally giving more time for opponents of the deal to submit evidence.

He will kick off if the PL aren’t working on it.

Exactly and so will the buyers as they will want to get their plans in places asap. Edit: it's probably costing a fortune in legal costs also for the seller, buyers and the Premier League. Those costs are certainly not cheap either.

I think at this point it's just spinning wheels.

The buyers know nothing nor do the sellers, and even if they did they'll have signed NDA's that look like a phone book. The Premier League's people won't let anything slip either, and even if they did, these situations are like reporting on a kettle boiling. It may not have been when you were in the room, but the second you left it might have.

Of course the buyers will know stuff as they will be having to provide info, answers and documentation. Its at the owners and directors test stage and as yet there's little to ref flag it.Quite literally at the minute, beyond saying its done, no news is good news.